5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For AZ Owners - Colder AC!

azzx

Reaction score
I live in Tempe AZ with temps over 110 from June - Sept. (Dry heat)!
I took my truck to the dealer yesterday for the wind noise TSB, random chatter/clatter/ticking/whatever sound during engine startup.
Wind noise is related to the missing molding on the bottom of the bed -- they ordered the part
Chatter/clatter noise: normal per FCA! at least it is documented now. Many threads/theories/thoughts but no actual verifiable root cause for this issue yet.

My AC performance has been just adequate -- high 50s from driver and mid 40s from the passenger side vents.
I also asked if there are any fixes for the mediocre AC.
they said some ACs are overcharged. In my case it was low on Freon(6 grams) . My AC was totally evacuated and then refilled to the proper spec.
AC: is much colder now. It blows high 40s from the drive side, high 30s from the passenger side.

Dealer: Tempe Ram
** not an advertisement for the dealer -- Your experience may vary!

So, if you have problems with your AC and your local dealer cannot figure it out, looks like these guys have a decent process to make the AC bearable.
Took it for a drive this morning and had to turn the temp up to 72 - it was cold and today's temp is 108 right now .
Finally the AC performance is acceptable -- still not as cold as my other cars

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread