5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folding or retractable tonneau cover that works with cross bars?

Votas

Reaction score
That might be a problem unless you go with crossbar setup that don’t hang over the ramboxes. I’m not sure if something like even exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Kinda what I was thinking but hoping someone here may have come across it before and has a solution (and pictures). In theory it would interfere…but don’t have the truck yet to do any measurements.

Reaction score
Id like to add a RetraxPro XR and a Yakima Overhaul HD rack system to my 2022 Ram 1500 limited 5'7" bed with RAMBOX and multifunction tailgate.

My question is if the yakima overhaul HD rack system is compatible with the ramboxes when installed on the integrated T slot rails of the Retrax PRO XR...

Looks like the base plate attachment point might come too close to the edge of the ramboxes... I cannot get a confirmation anywhere...

Reaction score

Retrax Pro XR Tonneau cover 2019 - 2023 5th Gen Ram w/ Rambox & Multifunction Tailgate (5'7" bed)

The top of this tonneau nor the T slot rail system on this tonneau should ever be loaded with any weight. Design and engineering failure.

the entire cover depends on 6 tiny screws through thi. sheet metal to hold up the weight of the entire system.

if installed as directed, it leaves severe gaps in weather stripping, and the entire unit will eventually shift downward and place the load in undersireable areas... either the thin sheet metal that rests on the bulkhead at the front of the bed, or on your cargo management system tie down points.

"functional" installation that allows for use of the rails will require permenant removal of your cargo tie downs, and grinding off the end of the rails where they rest on the bulkhead so that the provided black retrax rails actually rest on the aluminum blocks attached to the silver mopar rails. This causes the entire unit to sit lower than designed and instructed, and creates for very poor water proofing.

retrax customer service has not been able to provide me with a solution. it is simply a design flaw and oversight for the XR line with Ramboxes...

If anyone has a solution to make this thing usable please let me know.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

black_panther

Reaction score

Retrax Pro XR Tonneau cover 2019 - 2023 5th Gen Ram w/ Rambox & Multifunction Tailgate (5'7" bed)

The top of this tonneau nor the T slot rail system on this tonneau should ever be loaded with any weight. Design and engineering failure.

the entire cover depends on 6 tiny screws through thi. sheet metal to hold up the weight of the entire system.

if installed as directed, it leaves severe gaps in weather stripping, and the entire unit will eventually shift downward and place the load in undersireable areas... either the thin sheet metal that rests on the bulkhead at the front of the bed, or on your cargo management system tie down points.

"functional" installation that allows for use of the rails will require permenant removal of your cargo tie downs, and grinding off the end of the rails where they rest on the bulkhead so that the provided black retrax rails actually rest on the aluminum blocks attached to the silver mopar rails. This causes the entire unit to sit lower than designed and instructed, and creates for very poor water proofing.

retrax customer service has not been able to provide me with a solution. it is simply a design flaw and oversight for the XR line with Ramboxes...

If anyone has a solution to make this thing usable please let me know.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Have you settled on a new option to get a T Slot in your bed? I'm looking for one too. With or without a cover.

Users who are viewing this thread