5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folding mirrors

Cupped_up

Reaction score
Do your power folding mirrors hit your windows when you fold them in? Mine tap the glass and shift slightly upward when they are folded all the way in...

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No, mine do not do that.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

Majortom

Reaction score
I was hearing that “thump” too. But one time I had the window down, folded the mirror, and heard the same noise.

RamLink83

Reaction score
I thought mine tapped the window too when I first started folding them in to keep birds from fighting with their reflection and ****ting on my truck. It makes a thump but they actually don't touch the glass. I took a piece of paper and put it between the mirror and the window and there is a tiny gap of maybe an 1/8th of an inch or so.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You will find that the mirrors don't actually hit the windows. It's a common misconception. Fold them with the windows down and they will do the exact same thing. Or hold a piece of paper where you think they are hitting the window and fold them in. They won't touch the paper.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Ditto. Thought they hit but they actually don’t. Still pretty annoying noise. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread