5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folding Mirrors 2019 Ram 1500

cincyram89

Reaction score
I was having the same issue with mirrors flopping around before eventually catching, but just recently fixed with the gruven parts mentioned earlier, and it works perfectly now. Turns out the plastic gear that mates to the motor only had minor wear, but the indexing rings on both mirrors were broken into multiple pieces.

The replacement gear is brass and the new indexing ring provided with it seems more durable than the OEM.

The fix wasn’t difficult, but care must be taken when cutting open the motor housing (it’s sealed, so a dremel must be used) to avoid damaging other internals. As long as you take your time and use a feeler gauge to check cut depth you should be fine.

I wanted to post because it seems some people worry about mixed success with this. I was only able to find one YouTuber documenting the fix and he made some mistakes along the way, hence his mixed review.

Attachments

• IMG_7931.jpeg
    IMG_7931.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7933.jpeg
    IMG_7933.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread