5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fold mirrors automatically, is it possible

beardking

Reaction score
On my 2019 Big Horn I have the power folding mirrors. I was wondering if it's possible to make them fold automatically when you turn off the truck.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have this setup with the TazerDT

My only issue is remote start unfolds them.
So say you back into a tight spot, turn off the truck and the mirrors fold in giving you a bit more space to get by, and so far works as everyone would prefer. Remote start unfolds them, and by the time you want to get in, they are in the way.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

So say you back into a tight spot, turn off the truck and the mirrors fold in giving you a bit more space to get by, and so far works as everyone would prefer. Remote start unfolds them, and by the time you want to get in, they are in the way.
Easily solved. Park further away :)

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Other issue is snow/ice buildup. When folded in, there’s a spot where snow/I e accumulates and interferes with mirrors unfolding. Gears are well documented to be subpar, and I suspect this could cause issues.
I disable the auto fold for winter.

93d786521f681496b64143ba4947207c.jpg

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Isn't AlfaOBD able to do this as well? You just need to make it think it has the proper sales code. That way you're not voiding your ECM with the Tazer.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

When you get in, push the button. They fold again.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't AlfaOBD able to do this as well? You just need to make it think it has the proper sales code. That way you're not voiding your ECM with the Tazer.
No, alfaOBD can't enable this option. It's one of the "live" functions with the TazerDT that requires that TazerDT to be plugged in.

And technically, even modifying settings using alfaOBD can be cause for voiding the warranty as you are still bypassing the security module and changing settings.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Look up Navik as well. They sell a module for auto folding when locking the truck

Users who are viewing this thread