5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fogs won't work, Factory LED

jcrawford19906

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with the fog lights not turning on. And yes, I know the difference between the fog light switch and the bed lighting switch lol. I recently bought the truck and noticed shortly afterwards that they don't work. They're factory LED. When I press the button the indicator on the dash shows them on, but they're not. I've tried it every way I know how. I've also noticed that no matter which selection my headlight switch is on there's no change. The headlights run constant, even with the switch in the off position. Anything like this going on with anyone else? Some input would be nice before I jump into diags.

Reverse

Reaction score
headlight constantly on even when switch is set to off is a red flag - that shouldn't happen. Troubleshooting should start there.

jcrawford19906

Reaction score
headlight constantly on even when switch is set to off is a red flag - that shouldn't happen. Troubleshooting should start there.
This is true. From what I've been researching it all runs through the BCM. Not like the old simplistic systems where the switch was the actual component sending power to the light. :rolleyes: If I can ever get time off from work I guess I'll be tearing into it.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was the truck in an accident? It's a tell tale sign of a body shop not putting things back together right. I had a car once that the lights were all jacked like that after getting it back, had to take it back to get it fixed right. That said headlights always on could always be on if you have the DRL switch checked in the settings menu.

Bavet

Reaction score
I don't know anything about the fog lights but if you have Daytime Running Lights and they are turned on in the setup screen then they will be on at all times I think. I turned mine off because I didn't like them on all the time because they are at full brightness from what I can tell.

jcrawford19906

Reaction score
Was the truck in an accident? It's a tell tale sign of a body shop not putting things back together right. I had a car once that the lights were all jacked like that after getting it back, had to take it back to get it fixed right. That said headlights always on could always be on if you have the DRL switch checked in the settings menu.
I'll have to check the settings in the menu before checking any other functions. I've been wondering if the headlight switch being bad would send the BCM into a fault causing them to stay on all the time and the other lights not work properly. So I'll check that menu setting before testing components. It's never been in an accident to my knowledge and there wasn't one reported on the carfax.

jcrawford19906

Reaction score
I don't know anything about the fog lights but if you have Daytime Running Lights and they are turned on in the setup screen then they will be on at all times I think. I turned mine off because I didn't like them on all the time because they are at full brightness from what I can tell.
I'll check that out, Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread