5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fog Lights

Nightowl

Reaction score
Driving to work the other morning it was smoky/foggy, I wanted to turn the fog lights on. The headlights were on "auto" and not on. The fog lights would not come on. From reading the manual, it appears the fog lights won't come on unless the headlights or parking lights are on. Is there a way to turn the fog lights on without any other lights being on?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's how they work. You either need to the parking lights on or the headlights.

Last edited:

oaviking06

Reaction score
Yea I know what you mean. So I just turn the dial over to parking lights which will turn on the fog lights if the fog light button is activated. When I'm getting out of the truck I just switch it back to Auto. If I forget to switch it back when I turn the truck off, because I always just keep it on Auto...The truck will notify me right away that the lights are still on and I just rotate it back to Auto.

Users who are viewing this thread