5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fog lights on during turn

deanfx

Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off the feature where the fog lights do not turn on in the direction of the turn?

CodeTHR33

Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off the feature where the fog lights do not turn on in the direction of the turn?
Without the Tazer DT or maybe dealer programming, I think the only way is to just have the fog lamps turned on. But even then if you have your high beams on, which disables the fog lamps, it’ll still do it. Side note: Tazer DT can enable fogs with high beams too.

deanfx

Reaction score
Without the Tazer DT or maybe dealer programming, I think the only way is to just have the fog lamps turned on. But even then if you have your high beams on, which disables the fog lamps, it’ll still do it. Side note: Tazer DT can enable fogs with high beams too.
Thanks for your input. I'm going to ask the dealer if they can take care of this. I'm sure they aren't supposed to change safety features but dang this feature is kinda annoying.

deanfx

Reaction score
I have the Limited and I just go into Settings, then Lights, then choose Steering Directed Lights, Turn off.
I can't imagine why a trim level would matter with such a thing. I'll check in a bit.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm weird.
No, seriously, why, as a driver or passenger you never even know it happens unless you consciously look for it and it seems to really be beneficial on a dark night on narrow roads.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They actually do a great job with lighting during turns, my only issue is people think I have a light out when making a turn.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Limited and I just go into Settings, then Lights, then choose Steering Directed Lights, Turn off.
This is controlling the actual movement of your head lights themselves specific to the longhorn and limited the LED projectors inside of the headlight housing rotate with movement of the steering wheel. The lower trims have fixed LEDS and turn the fog lamps on off when turning the wheel below speeds of 35 MPH.

CodeTHR33

Reaction score
This is controlling the actual movement of your head lights themselves specific to the longhorn and limited the LED projectors inside of the headlight housing rotate with movement of the steering wheel. The lower trims have fixed LEDS and turn the fog lamps on off when turning the wheel below speeds of 35 MPH.
My Big Horn has fixed halogens and the fogs come on for turning below 25 MPH. I believe 35 MPH is the speed that the active air dam deploys.

Last edited:

bobzilla

Reaction score
I’ve turn this feature off and when I turn fog light still comes on in the direction that I’m turning. I’ve double checked to make sure the feature was off several times and the fog lights still come on while turning. I don’t notice the headlights turning at all. My wife’s Ranchera key add this feature and you could see the headlights term while driving and on my limited I don’t see anything.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
I absolutely love this feature on my limited.... I live in the country mountains and the adaptive headlights on the curves are amazing.... when the high beams are on and I enter a corner or tight turn the associated side fog light comes on lighting up the edge of the road... maybe not too useful in the city but out in the sticks it’s worth every penny. Just saying.....

Users who are viewing this thread