5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fog lights not working (no indicator either)

pullejo

Reaction score
Hey gang - my fog lights aren't working... the button does nothing whether or not my lights are on/off etc and the indicator doesn't light up either.
I searched on here to see if anyone else has run into this problem and couldn't find anything.
I checked the fuse box diagram and don't see a "fog light" fuse - maybe exterior lights?
Also - this started happening after our battery was run down completely and we had to get a jump... the electrical system on this truck has really been my only complaint.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey gang - my fog lights aren't working... the button does nothing whether or not my lights are on/off etc and the indicator doesn't light up either.
I searched on here to see if anyone else has run into this problem and couldn't find anything.
I checked the fuse box diagram and don't see a "fog light" fuse - maybe exterior lights?
Also - this started happening after our battery was run down completely and we had to get a jump... the electrical system on this truck has really been my only complaint.
Try unhooking the battery for a few seconds, then reconnecting it to hard reset the computers.

pullejo

Reaction score
Haven't come back and it's been two days. Dang.

pullejo

Reaction score
check fuse.
Checked exterior fuse box (f25 is what I would think would have blown).... I'm wondering if perhaps its a fuse in the interior box (which is a total pain in the a$$ to pull fuses from) that runs from the switch. Maybe f06 or f36?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
could be. i don't have my truck with me on weekdays but usually when we have electrical gremlins at the shop we check fuse box first before diving into something more complex.
Checked exterior fuse box (f25 is what I would think would have blown).... I'm wondering if perhaps its a fuse in the interior box (which is a total pain in the a$$ to pull fuses from) that runs from the switch. Maybe f06 or f36?

evskie53

Reaction score
If you have your brights on the fogs will not activate and the indicator will also not turn on. Worth double checking.

pullejo

Reaction score
Well... I just got my oil changed (Palmer RAM/Jeep in Roswell GA - where I bought the truck) and asked them to diagnose this issue...no fog lights, headlights won't turn off... etc. They checked my fuses like I did... all good. They said I'd need to schedule a follow up to have the electrical diagnosed....in Jan.
I got home and figured I'd spend a minute doing more research.

Turns out the backplate on the headlight switch tends to fall off on our trucks, making it not work. Yep.
I took my plastic panel tools, popped off the switch panel and sure enough, the backplate on my switch had popped off. There was also two pieces of tape on it as if this had happened before.

All lights and switches work properly now.

Here's the video I found.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well... I just got my oil changed (Palmer RAM/Jeep in Roswell GA - where I bought the truck) and asked them to diagnose this issue...no fog lights, headlights won't turn off... etc. They checked my fuses like I did... all good. They said I'd need to schedule a follow up to have the electrical diagnosed....in Jan.

Turns out the backplate on the headlight switch tends to fall off on our trucks, making it not work. Yep.
I took my plastic panel tools, popped off the switch panel and sure enough, the backplate on my switch had popped off. There was also two pieces of tape on it as if this had happened before.

I was wondering if it was something like that since you weren't getting the indicator on the dash.
Gota love cheap fixes.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

That happened to my coworker, he had hit the switch with his knee getting into the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/