5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fog Lights Always ON- HELP PLEASE!

BMCVazquez

Reaction score
Greetings,

I own a 2019, Ram 1500 Limited. I recently noticed my fog lights stay on all the time! I press the button to turn them on and off and nothing! What can I do to return my fog lights to normal operation? I thought about disconnecting the battery but am hoping for a simpler solution because of all the electronics and having to reconfigure everything! Thank you in advance.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sadly as I said to the gentleman in the other posting when it comes to matters such as this, best to have the dealership involved. This way this absolves you of all liability if something goes amiss. Please,post what they find and how it was resolved.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do they also stay on with your high beams? If so that would definitely indicate some programming issue.

BMCVazquez

Reaction score
Are you positive that you're hitting the "Fog Light" button, and not the "Bed Light" button as they are side by side.
I am positive but just to be sure, I had my wife hit both buttons while I stood in front of the fog, then the bed lights and the fog lights stay on. I guess I have to go to the service shop.

Dtbrew

Reaction score
I am positive but just to be sure, I had my wife hit both buttons while I stood in front of the fog, then the bed lights and the fog lights stay on. I guess I have to go to the service shop.

Probably some programming issue that only the dealer could fix. I do know that if you have them off that the Fog Light on the side where you turn on the turn signal will go on until the signal goes off, perhaps the computer is confused and thinks both turn signals are on.

Tomdio

Reaction score
I was just about to post the same question. Let me know if anyone has figured it out. I haven’t had a chance to go to the dealer yet.

Side note, as I was typing in “fog lights” as a new thread it came up with suggestions of existing threads. Awesome feature on the website!!!

nateonator

Reaction score
You can change this setting through alfaobd. I changed mine to stay on with the high beams.

You should also check the switch itself. I also had an issue where they wouldn't turn on with the button. I removed the switch from the dash and found that the back cover was coming off. Fixed it and reattached everything and now it works properly. Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Yeah that’s not right. But my fog lights are always on with my headlights, with the exception of DRL’s during the day. I just leave them on in auto and they turn on when necessary. Great setup. But if you don’t want yours on and can’t get them to turn off, back to the dealer it goes I suppose. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online