5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fog Light Conversion

Mpickwith

Reaction score
I’ve searched and couldn’t find much but looking to swap my halogen Fog Lights out for the OEM LED Fog Lights. Does anyone know if a jumper is needed or if they’re just plug & play?

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are plug but not play :cool::cool:, alot of peoples reported it need to bring to stealer to flash sale code after installed and some also report still didn't work properly even after flash sale code.

Stony0604

Reaction score
I just switched out the bulbs with LED bulbs and have no issues. Here's a pick with original and new

Attachments

• 20200322_132600.jpg
    20200322_132600.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 152

Mpickwith

Reaction score
I just switched out the bulbs with LED bulbs and have no issues. Here's a pick with original and new
Looks good, are those the alpha Rex headlights too? How do you like them? Did you put LED bulbs in those too?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Going to bump this because I can't find an answer in my searching. For those with OEM LED fogs, are they really dealer service only? I stupidly bought a set of H11 switchback fogs for white/yellow use before checking my truck, and they are obviously not going to work with the Rebel OEM fogs. Do I have to change to a completely new housing to get use of aftermarket bulbs?

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Going to bump this because I can't find an answer in my searching. For those with OEM LED fogs, are they really dealer service only? I stupidly bought a set of H11 switchback fogs for white/yellow use before checking my truck, and they are obviously not going to work with the Rebel OEM fogs. Do I have to change to a completely new housing to get use of aftermarket bulbs?
The bulbs inside OEM LED fog lights and headlights are not replaceable.

Stony0604

Reaction score
yes, you are most likely going to have to switch housing, or sell/return the switchbacks

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use the Supernova V.4 led bulbs from Headlight Revolution in my halogen housings and they are AMAZING. Biggest difference I've ever seen hands down. On my Gladiator, I did have to use the Tazer to "activate" them in the computer, but I'm not sure if I'll have to do the same on the Ram yet. My H11s are still in the mail.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks guys, that's what I thought after getting under the truck and looking. I wanted to get the yellow/white option without having to have a light bar, but I guess I'll try to get a low profile light bar solution.

@WXman, the trucks with the OEM LED fogs appear to have everything inside the housing driving 2 small LED boards, so there are no bulbs to replace. The fogs themselves are great, I just wanted the yellow option of the switchback.

Stony0604

Reaction score
Thanks guys, that's what I thought after getting under the truck and looking. I wanted to get the yellow/white option without having to have a light bar, but I guess I'll try to get a low profile light bar solution.

@WXman, the trucks with the OEM LED fogs appear to have everything inside the housing driving 2 small LED boards, so there are no bulbs to replace. The fogs themselves are great, I just wanted the yellow option of the switchback.
What are your plans for the bulbs? I'd be down to maybe buy them, or even trade housings if you want the halogens and it's just plug and play

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What are your plans for the bulbs? I'd be down to maybe buy them, or even trade housings if you want the halogens and it's just plug and play
I sent them back the next day. Prime shipping/returns, so I just said the description was wrong because it stated they'd fit the truck. They WILL fit a 2020 Ram 1500, just not ones with the LED's.

Stony0604

Reaction score
I sent them back the next day. Prime shipping/returns, so I just said the description was wrong because it stated they'd fit the truck. They WILL fit a 2020 Ram 1500, just not ones with the LED's.
I think i saw on here somewhere, somebody makes a tint you can put over your lens to make them yellow.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think i saw on here somewhere, somebody makes a tint you can put over your lens to make them yellow.

Yes its Lamin-X, one of the members has done it and he likes it.

Users who are viewing this thread