5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fog lamps, square or round on your truck

JBV

Reaction score
i'm not clear on what model of truck, with what package or features gets you round vs square fog lights. most photos of front ends i see square, but there's plenty of 5th gen with round. i'm waiting for my factory order. how do i know which style my truck will come with?

Georgf

Reaction score
As I know, square Lamps is LED and included with LED optick package, round is halogen, comes with halogens headlights and taile lights.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
i'm not clear on what model of truck, with what package or features gets you round vs square fog lights. most photos of front ends i see square, but there's plenty of 5th gen with round. i'm waiting for my factory order. how do i know which style my truck will come with?
Round - Incandescent bulbs fog lights
Rectangle - LED fog lights

Tradesman don't have LED light.

Bighorn has LED light, you need to check the "Premium Lighting Group" for this feature. You also get LED Headlights and Taillights with the premium lighting group.

Laramie and up comes with LED package as standard equipment.

JBV

Reaction score
ah, i see. thanks. i've just emailed the sales manager and asked him if i can change my order to the premium lighting group...

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
ah, i see. thanks. i've just emailed the sales manager and asked him if i can change my order to the premium lighting group...
Definitely a worthy upgrade.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ONLY downside with the LED package is that the lights are 1 piece. Period. No changing bulbs, no anything opening the housings unless you're into cracking them open (like in the oven). So, I'm hoping that these lights last for the life of the truck.

Other than that, these lights are insanely good for not being projector housings. The cutoff and output are as good or better than my wife's SUV with projectors and HID's.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ONLY downside with the LED package is that the lights are 1 piece. Period. No changing bulbs, no anything opening the housings unless you're into cracking them open (like in the oven). So, I'm hoping that these lights last for the life of the truck.

Other than that, these lights are insanely good for not being projector housings. The cutoff and output are as good or better than my wife's SUV with projectors and HID's.
i changed my out for the "BajaDesign". 👍

Attachments

• 103_1551.JPG
    103_1551.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 20210418_213204_InPixio.jpg
    20210418_213204_InPixio.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 51

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i changed my out for the "BajaDesign". 👍
Yeah when I first got the truck I immediately bought some switchback fog bulbs intending to have yellow for low light conditions. Well, dumb me didn't check my truck and just searched for bulb size. Went to go install them and there was no bulb sticking out of the back of the housing. I'll eventually get a light bar to go behind the lower grill for the yellow light I want.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah when I first got the truck I immediately bought some switchback fog bulbs intending to have yellow for low light conditions. Well, dumb me didn't check my truck and just searched for bulb size. Went to go install them and there was no bulb sticking out of the back of the housing. I'll eventually get a light bar to go behind the lower grill for the yellow light I want.
Heck yeah (y) ...thats what i did also👍

Attachments

• 103_1654_InP.jpg
    103_1654_InP.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 28

Users who are viewing this thread