5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FOB didn’t recognize truck

oe542bob

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a 2022 Limited Longhorn with a bit over 15,000 miles. Etorque with the 5.7. Ordered new, and I have had it 16 months now.
Today I had some errands to do. I went to my 1st stop. When I came out of the store and walked up to the truck, the door stayed locked. I immediately checked to see if my FOB was gone from my carabiner on my belt loop. It was there, tried the unlock button on the FOB, nothing.
Then I walked around to the passenger side, even holding up the FOB on the back side window, still nothing. Talk about a weird feeling!
So then I took the driver door key out and unlocked the door. Immediately the alarm sounded. I got in and pushed the end of the FOB against the starter button. The alarm stopped and I noticed the starter button showed accessory mode. I tried pushing the starter button, it fired right up.
Made about 5 or 6 other stops in the next 3 hours and I had no issues.
Just to say, I did not enjoy that!

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you had any issues with rear window leaks, 3rd brake light or antenna? The sensor is below the rear window and has been known to have issues when it gets wet.

Users who are viewing this thread