5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FNG - 2019 1500

HawtDogFlvrWtr

Reaction score
Picked up a 2019 1500 Limited (3.92, 6'4", 31gal, black on black), on the 31st of October. Was owned by an 80 year old gentlemen who passed away after putting 11k (you read that right) miles on it. Got it for a steal, even in the current market. Warranty is expired from time, but it still smells new inside, and there isn't a blemish on the exterior, other than a hosed wheel that the dealer is replacing when the new one comes in.

Any who, traded in a 2016 Durango for a 1500, because we recently (about a year now) started towing a 27' trailer, and while it towed without issue in a straight line, that short wheelbase was interesting when large trucks would pass at speed. Test drove with the camper today with the 1500, and other than getting to speed being slower, it was hard to notice it back there when just cruising. Very little sway even with semi's. Super excited. Haven't adjusted the WDH yet, so it's still set for the Durango. Lowering it a smidge more will likely improve towing even further.

IMG_0875.JPEG IMG_0876.JPEG IMG_0877.JPEG IMG_0861.JPEG

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum boot.
I drive a Durango for work, and my Ram is my "recreational" vehicle. Much like the guy who had yours before you, I've got very little miles on my truck. One thing is very clear though, long trips in the Ram are MUCH more comfortable than the Durango. Don't get me wrong, the Durango is a very nice vehicle, but it can't complete with the comfort, space and ride of the truck. Especially when you load them down. You're going to love it.

HawtDogFlvrWtr

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum boot.
I drive a Durango for work, and my Ram is my "recreational" vehicle. Much like the guy who had yours before you, I've got very little miles on my truck. One thing is very clear though, long trips in the Ram are MUCH more comfortable than the Durango. Don't get me wrong, the Durango is a very nice vehicle, but it can't complete with the comfort, space and ride of the truck. Especially when you load them down. You're going to love it.
I am noticing this. The ride was sweet in the rango, but nothing like this truck!

Users who are viewing this thread