5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FM X Replacement Muffler

BONES55

Reaction score
I want to add a little bit of a growl to my engine. Has anyone installed the Flowmaster replacement muffler yet. Thinking about doing it. But I don't want my exaust to be too loud. Any input?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I want to add a little bit of a growl to my engine. Has anyone installed the Flowmaster replacement muffler yet. Thinking about doing it. But I don't want my exaust to be too loud. Any input?
There are several options that are FAR better than a Flowmaster. I think FM are junk and don't do well over time. Magnaflow and Borla, among a few others, are top rated mufflers.

BONES55

Reaction score
There are several options that are FAR better than a Flowmaster. I think FM are junk and don't do well over time. Magnaflow and Borla, among a few others, are top rated mufflers.
Do you know if Magnaflow has a system that's not super loud. I'm sure Borla is great but all models seem pretty loud and also expensive

mcp6530

Reaction score
did you make a choice? i'm also looking and considering a flowmaster pro series which i think is between the 40 series and 50 series in terms of loudness.

U

User_63152

I ordered an MBRP XP Series muffler, part MBR-S5143409. It looks a lot like the MagnaFlow D-Fit muffler. It's $100 cheaper, LOL. Hopefully, it will sound good. From what I saw on a few videos, it will.

I don't want over the top loud exhaust. I figured just a higher flow replacement muffler would be best for me.

Attachments

• 52ebf762a98770775a67166996f00b21.jpg
    52ebf762a98770775a67166996f00b21.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 9

mcp6530

Reaction score
I ordered an MBRP XP Series muffler, part MBR-S5143409. It looks a lot like the MagnaFlow D-Fit muffler. It's $100 cheaper, LOL. Hopefully, it will sound good. From what I saw on a few videos, it will.

I don't want over the top loud exhaust. I figured just a higher flow replacement muffler would be best for me.
let me know how you like it!

mcp6530

Reaction score

just ordered one too :)

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
Hot topic lately. Lots of exhaust posts. I'm a fan of the flowmaster outlaw. Sound, fit, and finish all was good. It felt like a solid piece of pipe, welds looked good, and over all I think it looks like it will hold up pretty good.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

mcp6530

Reaction score
Hot topic lately. Lots of exhaust posts. I'm a fan of the flowmaster outlaw. Sound, fit, and finish all was good. It felt like a solid piece of pipe, welds looked good, and over all I think it looks like it will hold up pretty good.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Yes, does sound great, agreed. Just wouldn't be appreciated by my neighbors :)

U

User_63152

So, I have been waiting for my MBRP Muffler for like 3 weeks now (delivery date was between 4/21 - 4/28), which is fine. Today, I get an email from RealTruck stating the delivery date has changed to May 3 - May 10.

Come on!

I canceled the order and went with a Flowmaster Flow FX 717847. $267.08 from CARiD. It was even cheaper than the MBRP by about $10.

Last edited by a moderator:

mcp6530

Reaction score
So, I have been waiting for my MBRP Muffler for like 3 weeks now (delivery date was between 4/21 - 4/28), which is fine. Today, I get an email from RealTruck stating the delivery date has changed to May 3 - May 10.

Come on!

I canceled the order and went with a Flowmaster Flow FX 717847. $267.08 from CARiD. It was even cheaper than the MBRP by about $10.
Yeah got the same email so contacted a few others and one had them in stock so I canceled and ordered from them.

U

User_63152

Yeah got the same email so contacted a few others and one had them in stock so I canceled and ordered from them.
Well, I just saw one on American Trucks, in stock, so I ordered it. LOL. :ROFLMAO: Hopefully I can cancel the Flowmaster order from CARiD. I called them and left a message. If I didn't catch it in time, I hope they don't charge return shipping.

U

User_63152

american trucks also :)
hopefully they won't charge you!
I saw on my CARiD account that it was in the cancelation process, so hopefully it's all good. (y)

I just got an email from American Trucks that the MBRP XP just shipped. Sweet!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread