5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flush running board suggestions

Ram air

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for rocker flush running boards? I’d like to eliminate the gap. Thanks in advance!

CatServant

Reaction score
I have AMP Research PowerSteps on my Lone Star and love them.

Sixshooter54

Reaction score
I added the Ram factory power steps after purchasing my 1500. I really don't like running boards and the retractable boards fit the bill. No gap and if you don't know what you're looking at, you won't notice the steps.
Bilstein lift.jpg

Av1

Reaction score
I have the oem powered running boards. They may be made by AMP, but I'm not sure.

What is nice about them is they are large and surprisingly solid when extended, but hardly noticeable when retracted.

I haven't noticed any flex when you stand on them.

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
I have AMP Research PowerSteps on my Lone Star and love them.
I have these as well and love them. I don’t think I’ll ever have a truck without them. They retract and give a clean look when the doors are closed and then drop down to provide a useful step height when needed.

41magmag41

Reaction score
ditto for me , I hade the OEM power running boards installed on my 2019 1500 as my wife had trouble getting in the truck. Love them and will always have them now. And yes they are made by AMP.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
The factory boards are not made by AMP. This has been discussed to death on this forum. There have been displayed responses from AMP representatives saying they do not have the means to manufacture the factory running boards for RAM. The motors and assemblies are completely different.

CatServant

Reaction score
I'll be getting the Mopar ones so I can play with them on the UConnect system. Turn em off before my wife gets out so she thinks there is a step but it doesn't come out..

For some reason, the Uconnect system wasn’t included on my Lone Star, so the Mopar ones wouldn’t have gained me anything. I have the Uconnect 5 radio though.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For some reason, the Uconnect system wasn’t included on my Lone Star, so the Mopar ones wouldn’t have gained me anything. I have the Uconnect 5 radio though.
This doesn't make sense. I may be reading it wrong.

Ram air

Reaction score
Totally agree, power running boards are primo but I’m looking to avoid breaking the bank:). Any suggestions for flush to rocker static running boards? Much appreciated

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A side note, remember that without stationary running boards, rocks and pebbles being thrown by the front wheels will nick and scratch the rear rockers, fender & flares.

One of the positives of stationary running boards is they act as rock shields for the rear of the truck. If you go with auto folding side steps, good idea to PPF your bed and fenders in front of the rear tires.

ChrisID

Reaction score
I searched high and wide for steps that didn't stick out too far and were pretty tight against the body. The best I found were GoRino Dominator D6's. They still stick out about an inch farther than I would like but best I could find. They are pretty good. this is the best pic I could find at the moment. The factory mounts make them pretty sturdy too.

Attachments

• ram.jpg
    ram.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 76

Rob Ram

Reaction score
Mopar has ”off road style running boards” - 82215508AD for $1160.

I just installed the Mopar power running boards. Paid $1440 plus $180 to program in Uconnect. So far I like them.

Ram air

Reaction score
I searched high and wide for steps that didn't stick out too far and were pretty tight against the body. The best I found were GoRino Dominator D6's. They still stick out about an inch farther than I would like but best I could find. They are pretty good. this is the best pic I could find at the moment. The factory mounts make them pretty sturdy too.
Right on, thank you! Great pic too:)

Users who are viewing this thread