5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fluids

Adrianp89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Time to do some maintenance on the truck.

Looking to do brake fluid, transfer case, and front/rear diffs.

What are you guys using? I am a bit confused by the max tow 3.92s. I have 3.92s and limited slip, but no idea on the max tow.

Time to do some maintenance on the truck.

Looking to do brake fluid, transfer case, and front/rear diffs.

What are you guys using? I am a bit confused by the max tow 3.92s. I have 3.92s and limited slip, but no idea on the max tow.
I would focus on the transmission service before any of the ones you listed. As far as max tow, someone correct me if I am wrong, not avail on the 3.92 plus it would have the coolant lines going to it in order to heat it up faster?
edit: was wrong about the max tow axle...

Last edited:
I would focus on the transmission service before any of the ones you listed. As far as max tow, someone correct me if I am wrong, not avail on the 3.92 plus it would have the coolant lines going to it in order to heat it up faster?
Why would you say transmission? Brakes probably are a must, fits been 5 years but truck only has 37k. A decent amount of towing.

Why would you say transmission? Brakes probably are a must, fits been 5 years but truck only has 37k. A decent amount of towing.
I waited till 80k before servicing the transmission, should have done it lot earlier judging by the condition of the fluid and the amount of clutch "dust" in the pan. And I don`t even do any towing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back