5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fluid Film

wrcrallysport

Reaction score
How many northern people here use fluid film on their trucks? do you coat just the frame or do you cote EVERYTHING.

Sjay

Reaction score
I used Woolwax and coated the frame and inside the doors, tailgate, fenders, inside the rockers - basically everywhere I could get the stuff.

wrcrallysport

Reaction score
I used Woolwax and coated the frame and inside the doors, tailgate, fenders, inside the rockers - basically everywhere I could get the stuff.
also how well does woolwax stay when going through a car wash that has the undercarriage wash?

RangerZ

Reaction score
I did fluid film with the air gun. Wasn’t really messy. Sprayed most everywhere especially inside the body holes. It will come off with repeated exposure to water but it’s really tacky so it will take a bit to get it off

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
did you use the stuff in a can or apply by the air gun?
I used the air gun. It should be applied at least once a year. If I'm going under there once a year, I'll use paint or something that doesn't make any repair into a gross mess to deal with.

eyeguy

Reaction score
I have used fluid film and more recently crc 060206 heavy duty corrosion inhibitor. I like the crc for being just a clean waxy film for areas like rear hitch and places that show more. I use the fluid film with red straw in tip for openings in frame and door and whell wells...

Sjay

Reaction score
It did not drip, wool wax is thicker than fluid film. I used the spray gun from wool wax and used my 70gallon compressor to apply it. I used a can of wool wax for harder to reach areas. Was not impressed with the can, so I purchased a product called Noxudol 700 that came with a 24" wand - worked much nicer. Haven't checked it for wash off as I usually was my vehicle at home and use a home built underbody washer that hooks to my garden hose.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm experimenting with some fluid film this year. I just hit some key areas with a couple cans we see how it holds up. We usually don't have terribly harsh winters in Southern Ohio so I have never done anything more other then keep my truck washed as often as possible during the times salt is on the road.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Just did mine yesterday. Took 11 1/2 cans to spray the whole underneath. Flexible extension with 360 tip for the cans works great for crossmembers and the frame rails.

Users who are viewing this thread