5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowmaster 717847 Direct-fit Muffler 2019 Ram 1500 5.7L, FlowFX, Stainless Steel

pber1

Reaction score

timmbos

Reaction score
I have the Flowmaster direct fit # 717847. Super easy install at home in the driveway. Sounds awesome on startup, idle, and hard acceleration. As long as your in 8 cylinder mode it's perfect. A few notches louder than stock but much more bass and growl which I love. Zero rasp. However.... it sounds like a sick Hippo with major gas when the truck goes into 4 cylinder mode though. There is a reason why the stock muffler is the size of a 55 gallon drum...and that is to take care of the funky frequencies when in 4 cylinder mode. On the interstate 4 cylinder mode is fairly quiet. However, low speed low rpm cruising in town when it drops to 4 cylinder mode is annoying. Sometimes I'll just cancel it out by pushing the "tow/haul" mode button to run it in 8 cylinder mode. Would I go back to stock? No way. Other than 4 cylinder mode it's sounds great.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Off topic, but you know you can just press the - key on the wheel to lock it in 8th gear, it won’t allow MDS in manually selected gears. No need for tow mode.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have this on there truck yet and how is the sound?
I have the the same set up , it’s made by B2 fab. Its essence the same set up as FM bolt on. It sounds great. Not to loud & to quiet. As per @timmbos said it all. As miles go on, it gets deeper & seems quieter unless in the go petal. Though it may have just grown on me too.lol

Users who are viewing this thread