5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flow master fx or flow master 50 series delta flow?

Jimmy5678

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 with a v8 hemi dual tip exhaust and was wondering which would sound better without any drone the flow master fx or the flow master 50 delta flow?

kipeharris

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 with a v8 hemi dual tip exhaust and was wondering which would sound better without any drone the flow master fx or the flow master 50 delta flow?

What muffler did you go with? I am currently debating between the two also.

Ride2little

Reaction score
I love the way the FlowFX sounds on my truck. Get lots of positive comments. Not sure about the 50.

GreenvilleRam311

Reaction score
Juat installed the FlowFx on my 2020 Built to Serve edition. Sounds great. Not obnoxious, but is loud enough to hear when you step on it. Perfect mixture IMO

Ride2little

Reaction score
Did you remove the resonators?
I did not. Back story: I bought my '19 Rebel used with 1400 miles. Original owner had removed the muffler, left the resonators. The sound was good, just a touch loud for me. a litlle rattly when getting on it. My preference isn't loud, rather the quality of sound. I did a little research and settled on the FlowFX. Thought about the replacement bolt-in kit, but stopped by my local muffler shop just to talk/research. They installed a Flowmaster FlowFX muffler, welding it on for less $$ than just buying the kit on-line. So, I have the FlowFX, resonators and stock black tips, which the shop meticulously centered-up. Couldn't be happier w the sound. Nice, low deep rumble at startup, backs off nicely when you want to be quiet, but barks enough when you want that. Perfect balance as far as I'm concerned,

kipeharris

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Borla Pro XS and left their resonators on?? ... If you can't tell I am very indecisive...

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
I did not. Back story: I bought my '19 Rebel used with 1400 miles. Original owner had removed the muffler, left the resonators. The sound was good, just a touch loud for me. a litlle rattly when getting on it. My preference isn't loud, rather the quality of sound. I did a little research and settled on the FlowFX. Thought about the replacement bolt-in kit, but stopped by my local muffler shop just to talk/research. They installed a Flowmaster FlowFX muffler, welding it on for less $$ than just buying the kit on-line. So, I have the FlowFX, resonators and stock black tips, which the shop meticulously centered-up. Couldn't be happier w the sound. Nice, low deep rumble at startup, backs off nicely when you want to be quiet, but barks enough when you want that. Perfect balance as far as I'm concerned,
Just jumping in on this thread. Any chance you can post a sound clip or short video of that setup? I am considering the exact same thing on my Bighorn. I really don't want to spend the money on a full catback system, and my truck is leased, so making it easier to return to stock the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/