5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floor Security Boxes?

NoMoFoMoCo

Reaction score
I was under my truck installing OEM running boards and looked at the exterior of the floor storage boxes. They look like the plastic is covered in fabric and REALLY aren't confidence inspiring. I kind of regret installing the Tuffy lids, since the boxes themselves are exposed and highly vulnerable. 20200810_173639.jpg

Has anyone ever experienced water intrusion from the boxes? I get the feeling that the "fabric" miggt wick moisture into the cab.

Also, other than Lock'r Down, has anyone found any other companies (less expensive) that make reinforced floor boxes?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Those boxes are tougher than you think. Remember, there is another box inside that outer box. So you would have to cut through both if you wanted to get into one from the outside. Having said that, I agree that they are vulnerable. Which is why I don't store anything of any real value inside them. If I did I would probably get the lock'er down box. $345 is not cheap, but depending on what you want to protect, could be a small price to pay for that security.
There is no water intrusion through the outer box, and even if there was it wouldn't get into the inner box.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The stock boxes are pretty tough; but you could pop one open pretty easy if you wanted to. I bit the bullet and bought the Locker Down floor safe. I don't use the Locker Down often; but its nice to have when you are carrying or if you need to lock up things that you don't want stolen.

U

User_21361

The stock boxes are pretty tough; but you could pop one open pretty easy if you wanted to. I bit the bullet and bought the Locker Down floor safe. I don't use the Locker Down often; but its nice to have when you are carrying or if you need to lock up things that you don't want stolen.
This. I am completely satisfied with the locker down floor safe and use it almost daily. I consider the stock option obscure/concealed storage at best. Nothing secure about it, even with a locking lid. It creates the illusion of security and keeps honest people honest...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This. I am completely satisfied with the locker down floor safe and use it almost daily. I consider the stock option obscure/concealed storage at best. Nothing secure about it, even with a locking lid. It creates the illusion of security and keeps honest people honest...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Yeah, that Locker Down is built like a tank.

Users who are viewing this thread