5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floor mats for my new Ram

Rupp

Reaction score
Guys,
I've always used the Weather Tech floor liners and have for years and I like them but now I notice they offer the floor liners HP's. Do any of you guys have any experience with both and can you tell me what the major differences are.

Greg

Rick J

Reaction score
Guys,
I've always used the Weather Tech floor liners and have for years and I like them but now I notice they offer the floor liners HP's. Do any of you guys have any experience with both and can you tell me what the major differences are.

Greg
Food for thought. I had the WeatherTech in my last truck and they wore out where my right heel rested on the floor. I went with the OEM all weather mats this time and really like them. Cheaper than WeatherTech also.

Rupp

Reaction score
I kept getting georgia clay on my pretty limited mats and I hated to cover them up, but these floor liners are fantastic. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V3P9C2X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've had the normal weather techs in the past, but these seem more sleek to me. love them.
Those are the HP's that I was asking about. I'm really trying to understand the differences. Weather tech says the HP's are more rubber like but I'm wondering if they protect and stay looking as good as the originals.

41magmag41

Reaction score
put the oem all weather liners with red rams head on them and havent looked back. had them 18 months and no wear.

Skater

Reaction score
I like the red ram logo on these, so I have had them since I purchased my Limited.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have bought weather techs for every truck ive owned for the last 10-15 years, but the ones that came with my ram are as good as it gets. I don’t know what they cost since they were free to me but I’d definitely look into the OEM ones.

Rupp

Reaction score
Food for thought. I had the WeatherTech in my last truck and they wore out where my right heel rested on the floor. I went with the OEM all weather mats this time and really like them. Cheaper than WeatherTech also.

These are well priced. Does this set fit the crew cab with rear under seat storage?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
These are well priced. Does this set fit the crew cab with rear under seat storage?
Yes, they are identical to what came in my 2020 Laramie. They need to update the pics though. The driver mat is the one that's being recalled. You can tell by how close the ribs are to where the gas pedal is.

Attachments

• floor mat recall.png
    floor mat recall.png
    188.6 KB · Views: 81

Rupp

Reaction score
Yes, they are identical to what came in my 2020 Laramie. They need to update the pics though. The driver mat is the one that's being recalled. You can tell by how close the ribs are to where the gas pedal is.
So is this pic of the "good" one or the "bad" recalled mat?

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love the OEM rubber mats. Hands down the best factory floor mats I have ever had in any vehicle. They are made the way floor mats for a truck should be made. I will tag this by saying I loved the factory floor mats in my Titan, which were not rubber but a super high-quality fabric that wore excellent. They did not cover the side carpet areas, which is where my work boots tend to make things dirty, but they were really comfortable underfoot. The Ram factory cloth mats are pathetic, worse than many cheap vehicles I have had. It's like the mats are Jekyll and Hyde. Mine came with the rubber ones, and I bought the OEM fabric ones besides (my dog rode in the back before she passed away), but they are so flimsy they're sitting in my garage now collecting dust.

As for the recall, no way is my dealer cutting anything off my mats. I'll just pull them out and put the fabric ones in before I go in for service.

41magmag41

Reaction score
In reference to the mat recall, my dealer said the oem mats with the red ram logo are not a part of the recall.

Review007

Reaction score
Guys,

Greg
I am using weather tech floor liners from past 1 year. And I can say it is completely worth to its quality.
The thermopolyolefin material gives thick and dense which does wear or tear easily.
They are completely washable and easy to adjust. If you are looking for the Best floor mats for ram 1500 then go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread