5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floor Mat on driver's side came apart

grifodan67

Reaction score
Has anyone had this happen to their driver's side floor mat? It seems like it was misaligned and snapped off. Less than two months and just over 1,000 miles should not have happened. Floor Mat.jpg

Dan

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Happened to my boat seat hold down straps and my Duluth Flannel jacket cuff. Lol. Snaps just don’t seem to be what they use to be. I bought a $10 kit from Amazon that I fixed them with. I’m good for 97 more breaks. ;)

Next time you’re in for service, see if they can order a replacement or buy a kit like I did and fix it yourself.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
It hasn’t happened to me yet. However I have caught my shoe in it getting into the truck on a couple of occasions. I can see how it could happen.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone had this happen to their driver's side floor mat? It seems like it was misaligned and snapped off. Less than two months and just over 1,000 miles should not have happened. View attachment 5100

Dan

When I received my truck (it was a dealer trade) 3 of the snaps on the rear mat were just like that...dealer had to replace it.

MCPT1

Reaction score
The mats are obviously made so you can unsnap the carpet pieces and you're left with just the rubber mat, a nice feature if you're going to be in a dirty or muddy environment. That being said, they cheaped out in the snaps, mine pulled out like the OP's did, I like the recommendation to fix myself ,less frustrating than a call and trip to the dealer, will have to see whats available online

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The mats are obviously made so you can unsnap the carpet pieces and you're left with just the rubber mat, a nice feature if you're going to be in a dirty or muddy environment. That being said, they cheaped out in the snaps, mine pulled out like the OP's did, I like the recommendation to fix myself ,less frustrating than a call and trip to the dealer, will have to see whats available online

Agreed. You can get a great snap kit from a marine supply shop. HD and won't rust.
Do it yourself quick and easy.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
That stinks, but it should be a warranty repair. Keep us posted.

echristi

Reaction score
One of the middle snaps on my rear floor mat was delivered like that also. I didn't notice until I got home. I have been trying to decide if I care or not, it is one of the middle snaps :) If it was the edge one like yours it would matter a whole bunch more. I might just repair it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread