5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floor light swap possible?

kingkasc

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I’m looking to swap my interior floor lights to red, anyone know how and what bulb is required? Thanks!!!

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm Looking to change all ambient lighting to a different color, Something tells me the ones around the instrument cluster would be a PITA.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
It would be awesome to have all the lights match red blue green or even the true white not the dingy yellow they are factory
Yep. Most new vehicles that come with ambient lighting now have this. Heck, I had it in my 2014 MB. Could chose green, blue, white, and red. The newer ones has infinite color adjustments. Guess they gotta leave some improvement for the 2020s... LOL

jamesfg

Reaction score
After putzing around with the non existent ambient lighting in the Rebel, you'd have to change out the LEDs to mutli colored ones and then have the appropriate controller wired in to change the colors.

Last edited:

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not really after color changing with and RGB controller , I'm just talking about all ambient lights being swapped to a single uniform color. My initial inspection of things 15 different bulbs to change, removal off all 4 door panels , not sure how to get at the bulbs in the dash, the foot wells are probably the easiest, going to take a gander this weekend

jamesfg

Reaction score
I've taken the doors apart already. FYI.......that cover by the door handle is a mo fo to get off. Pop it off at the bottom with a 90 degree pick and slide it down as there is a tab at the top.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've taken the doors apart already. FYI.......that cover by the door handle is a mo fo to get off. Pop it off at the bottom with a 90 degree pick and slide it down as there is a tab at the top.
Thanks for the tip, I was looking at it today and visually everything says pop it off from the top.

What were you doing in the doors, sound deadening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online