5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flood light post for bed pocket stake hole

Flyntigr

Reaction score
I just finished my first pass (easiest) creation of a light post for the pocket holes of my truck. I looked everywhere to see how others may have done this but I couldn't find anything, so I thought I would pass along what I did. I wanted to have a flood light mounted high at the rear of my truck for evenings at the beach, camping, fishing, or to generally light up an area around my truck bed. For this 1st version I used an AC plug light that I can run from a small generator or directly plug into an AC outlet in the truck cab. The light positioning is adjustable and the whole setup is super easy to put up and stores under my back seats.

Ultimately, I will eventually run a DC light off a second battery with hidden wiring to a 12V switch panel in the bed or install an inverter for AC power. But it works great for now and this setup has low power requirements. 20W light putting out 1400-1600 lumens.

20210421_185714.jpg 20210421_185736.jpg 20210421_185953.jpg 20210421_190105.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread