5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flat tire with less than 4k

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
Put my stockers back on for winter. This am in western Kentucky it was about 16. Got 20 miles down the road and bam...flat left rear tire. Not sure what happened, my tire pressures were a bit low with the sudden drop in temps but it was about 31 when I left the house. The stock jack worked great actually, took me about 45 mins to an hr in the freezing cold. Crap way to start the day but it got my blood pumping!

Last edited:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Shucks that’s not bad at all, I got a flat with my stock Goodyear’s the first week. Had to replace the tire and then two weeks after that another flat that was able to be repaired. Luckily it was only 95 degrees out when I had the second flat lol.

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
Yikes that would pi$$ me off lol. Glad I changed to stocks though cause I wouldn't have been able to change my aftermarket wheels with the stock tools

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol it made me realize how truly inexpensive quality wise those Goodyears were.

RJS

Reaction score
Had a flat on my 19 Laramie with 1200 miles on it and the OEM Duelers. Drove it to Belle Tire and they pulled out a nail and repaired the tire. No harm - no foul.

I had a Michelin LTX go flat on my 14 Sport with less than 1000 miles on it. Belle Tire found a large screw in the sidewall/tread area and said the tire couldn't be repaired. Luckily there prorated warranty covered it as it was a new tire.
Moral of the story - any tire can go flat if you stick something into it.

Users who are viewing this thread