5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flashing Engine light while in run.....

Reaction score
2019 BigHorn 1500. Etorque. 8.4. New to me with 60K miles. This just may be something i dont know about yet. But when i put the truck in "RUN" without starting the engine. the CEL flashes and it "dings" at me. Truck starts just fine. No engine light in "ACC" or with the truck running. Anyone else have thier truck do that? I just had battery problems so maybe im just a little gun shy.

KMach

Reaction score
Battery was replaced. This generally means monitors aren’t ready for emissions inspections.

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
2019 BigHorn 1500. Etorque. 8.4. New to me with 60K miles. This just may be something i dont know about yet. But when i put the truck in "RUN" without starting the engine. the CEL flashes and it "dings" at me. Truck starts just fine. No engine light in "ACC" or with the truck running. Anyone else have thier truck do that? I just had battery problems so maybe im just a little gun shy.
did this ever go away? I have the same light after a dead battery this morning

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As mentioned, it's just a visual indication that the emissions monitors are not set after power loss. Either from a dead battery, or unhooking the battery. It's perfectly normal, and how the system is supposed to work. Now if the engine light is flashing while driving you need to stop diving it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/