5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fix it or leave well enough alone

Fix it? or Leave well enough alone?

• Total voters

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
leave it. its now a used truck. its 2020's will be out soon. this dent won't matter for re-sale value.

lrobbi

Reaction score
Gosh... I know me... I have to have it fixed. Yep OCD or just like to keep anything I spend my hard working/earned dollar on...looking nice... I just can not stand a dent. BUT thats just me LOL

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I usually would vote to get it fixed. But in this case I would say the PDR did a decent job. I touch up or paint of entire panel could come out worse and match may not be close to perfect.

Zinger

Reaction score
I'd at least wait a few weeks and see then if you still care. It looks pretty decent to me, and odds are it won't be the last blemish on the truck.

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
Hope your PDR goes better than mine did. Drove 45 minutes to a guy who is legend. He started working on it and the paint cracked. He swore that with some touch up it would be ok. I went to put touch up on it and the paint flexed where it clearly was blistered and had separated from the metal. Finally gave up and went to the body shop. When they pulled the bed cap rail they found out that where PDR guy had been using the post hole and clip hole for the cap he had destroyed the paint and bent the metal all to hell. Anyway. Body shop fixed it as good as new.. on to the next headache.

Attachments

• IMG958733.png
    IMG958733.png
    640.2 KB · Views: 32

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
That being said. I have had awesome results with PDR in the past. Get it fixed - PDR is inexpensive and if they get it better than 98% you will be able to sleep at night.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
That being said. I have had awesome results with PDR in the past. Get it fixed - PDR is inexpensive and if they get it better than 98% you will be able to sleep at night.
I know. The truck is way too new, and I'm way too OCD to let it go. I was sick when I came out of the store and saw it. Only had it 1 month.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
I know. The truck is way too new, and I'm way too OCD to let it go. I was sick when I came out of the store and saw it. Only had it 1 month.
I'm going to post some pics of the process being performed including before and after on one of these threads. Just have to figure out which thread is the most appropriate one...

OgRedd

Reaction score
I know you've probably heard this before, but I park as far away as possible. Doesn't guarantee that anyone else won't park near you or a basket will not find its way to your vehicle, but at least the odds are greater that it won't happen. If I have to walk 1/2 mile to a storefront, I do it - and it's good exercise.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I, personally, would have it taken care..but I'm obsessive. It would drive me crazy! I wouldn't be able to sleep at night!

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Got mine fixed by Lancaster Dent Removal. They did such a great job, you can't even tell. I'm going to start a thread on the steps that were taken to remove th be dent. I took pictures as Dave, the owner worked on my truck. It's immaculate now. No ripples or waves. Dave, the owner did an amazing job.

www.lancasterdentremoval.com

20181125_074303.jpg 20181211_160606.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online