5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitting 37x13.5’s R24x12 -44 offset

Chris VB

Reaction score
Anyone wanting to put big tires on of this caliber will be needing an 8” total lift. The problems start when you choose 12 wide opposed to 10. You can fit 37x12.5 with a 10 wide wheel on a basic 6” suspension lift but you’ll need to do a 2” body lift to fit the 13.5 wide 12 wide rim -44 offset. After doing so the clearance at turn is 3/8” off the painted front bumper. They don’t offer an 8” suspension lift yet for the ram 1500 and I’ve seen a couple modified 6” pro comp converted to 8” but the geometry is drastic looking. I know everyone bashes body lifts but I have no regrets! It looks great, dodge takes them very well no body gaps or anything just need to offset exhaust tips back up. Also need the calibration module for your speedometer and odometer. But all said and done ZERO rubbing even at full turn. Steering radius is less of course but who cares lol and it’s not that bad at all. Turn this girl into a beast! And I’m so pleased
IMG_5066.png
IMG_5075.jpg
E35D478C-D35F-435A-9282-8058384D6F5F.jpg

Hustleman216

Reaction score
Think I may be doing something like this . I have a limited with the tough country lift and ordered 26x12 rims instead of 26x10 this may be my only option

Chris VB

Reaction score
Think I may be doing something like this . I have a limited with the tough country lift and ordered 26x12 rims instead of 26x10 this may be my only option

Nice, what size tire you thinking? 6” suspension lift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
I hold you responsible for me ordering a 2" body lift last week after seeing your truck. lol I was looking at 6" lifts too, but I'm just going to run it with a 2.5 lift for now and see how it performs. The best price I found the 2" body lift was suspension connection for 390.00 shipped. As soon as it comes in I'll get everything on.

Chris VB

Reaction score
I hold you responsible for me ordering a 2" body lift last week after seeing your truck. lol I was looking at 6" lifts too, but I'm just going to run it with a 2.5 lift for now and see how it performs. The best price I found the 2" body lift was suspension connection for 390.00 shipped. As soon as it comes in I'll get everything on.

Nice these trucks take the body lift very well. Hitch and everything looks great. Just gotta fix the exhaust tips back up

Chadtonio

Reaction score
What body lift did you use? Read that the Gen 4 kits will work on the 5 but that was in an Amazon review and not sure I trust it.

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
The mechanic said it wasn’t a bad job because the truck only had 500 clicks on it. Pretty sure it took them an eight hour day

How's the truck holding up? Do you do any towing? I tow my camper and car trailer alot and think going that high might not work well with towing. I like the look though.

Chris VB

Reaction score
Trucks holding up great! I do some mild towing, with a utility trailer. And haul my 1025R diesel JD with it. Just put a new differential cap on and the oil was clean. Magnetic pad was clean. I’m so happy with it
ac86461035fef25de9bf7be48a9ce8ae.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread