5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitted my off road bar, lights, and retrax cover - with multi function tailgate

dcb290573

Reaction score
Just got done fitting my new 2021 Rebel with the Go Rhino sports bar, Baja Design lights and Retrax XR Pro cover. Used the Righton brackets made to replace the factory ones that support the multifunction tailgate. The factory ones are too bulky to allow a retractable cover to fit - so RIghton made a set with the exact specs for the existing holes. They're just as strong but lower profile and the Retrax canister fit no problem.

So if you're told you can't fit a cover like this with the MFT, you can.

First I had Off Road Warehouse fit the bar and lights. Then I changed the brackets out (took about 20 mins total). Then I installed the cover which was super easy - took me and my buddy about 45 mins once unpacked).

Hope people find this useful. I'm obviously biased, but I think it looks great. IMG_9921.PNG IMG_9925.PNG IMG_9937.JPG

FMJ

Reaction score
I know your post is dated but. Did you drill all new mounting holes? My sport bar just arrived and there is a snowball chance in hell I'm putting this pos on a new truck. Nothing lines up. Rails mount on top of inner bed wall. Pipes hang over rails. Plastic disc spacers just flop around and don't match pipe ends...

cfomarot

Reaction score
Just got done fitting my new 2021 Rebel with the Go Rhino sports bar, Baja Design lights and Retrax XR Pro cover. Used the Righton brackets made to replace the factory ones that support the multifunction tailgate. The factory ones are too bulky to allow a retractable cover to fit - so RIghton made a set with the exact specs for the existing holes. They're just as strong but lower profile and the Retrax canister fit no problem.

First I had Off Road Warehouse fit the bar and lights. Then I changed the brackets out (took about 20 mins total). Then I installed the cover which was super easy - took me and my buddy about 45 mins once unpacked).

Hope people find this useful. I'm obviously biased, but I think it looks great. View attachment 107457

Hope people find this useful. I'm obviously biased, but I think it looks great. View attachment 107457 View attachment 107458 View attachment 107459
Love the result, but like another post, very reluctant to drill holes in my new RAM. Anyone find a sportsbar that accommodates MFT and tonneau without drilling?

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Make sure you text is outside the quotes... 😁

Might depend on your cover, but some brackets like those used for Billie Bars cross bars could be made. Seems like someone on here has done that.

I really like the look and would like to have a sport bar, but would interfere with my tent.

Users who are viewing this thread