5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fit n fine body lines

lost demon

Reaction score
took my 2019 Rebel to dealer for an oil change and an adjustment on my rear doors. They close nice and tight, no air leaks. But they don't close flush with the body lines. Service manager explained that if they tried to adjust them flush it might create air whistles. (insert emoji here, your choice). I get one or the other, not both? He's going to consult with FCA to see if they have a recommendation(fix) for this, and will GET BACK WITH ME. Anybody else have this issue? Did your dealer rectify it? I say neither one, air whistle or bad fit is acceptable. Ive had it 11 months, has 8400 miles, not driven a lot . but i cant imagine they not able to adjust the doors.

lost demon

Reaction score
bought a second RAM 2 months ago. 2020 Bighorn. all the doors fit as smooth as Amish furniture, so im going to assume they'll be able to get the doors on my 2019 Rebel flush

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
took my 2019 Rebel to dealer for an oil change and an adjustment on my rear doors. They close nice and tight, no air leaks. But they don't close flush with the body lines. Service manager explained that if they tried to adjust them flush it might create air whistles. (insert emoji here, your choice). I get one or the other, not both? He's going to consult with FCA to see if they have a recommendation(fix) for this, and will GET BACK WITH ME. Anybody else have this issue? Did your dealer rectify it? I say neither one, air whistle or bad fit is acceptable. Ive had it 11 months, has 8400 miles, not driven a lot . but i cant imagine they not able to adjust the doors.
Sounds like BS to me.

Big White RAM

Reaction score
I adjusted the strike plates on both rear doors on my 2019 Longhorn, as they did stick out on the bottoms; driver's side more than the passenger side. No whistles, wind noise, and they are now flush with the cab.

lost demon

Reaction score
I adjusted the strike plates on both rear doors on my 2019 Longhorn, as they did stick out on the bottoms; driver's side more than the passenger side. No whistles, wind noise, and they are now flush with the cab.
i
My question to the dealer; " Did you try adjusting the strike plates?" he responded y saying it didn't look like there was any room for adjustment and they were afraid to create wind noise . AFRAID ? lazy more like it. I,m going to consult another dealer and get their opinion. if i get the same answer, i'll consider my local body shop. Or maybe a lemon law claim.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just loosen the bolts on the striker and do it yourself. It's really not difficult.

lost demon

Reaction score
Just loosen the bolts on the striker and do it yourself. It's really not difficult.
I tried it yesterday (5-19) and still no improvement. either i'm doing it wrong or there's not enough adjustment left to get it right

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Outside of fitment issues does anyone seem to feel like the rear doors sound weird when closing? Like it's not as solid as the front? Could be just me.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
I find when it rains hard my rear door weatherstripping at the top let's a few drops of water in. Maybe a fitment issue on my end also.

lost demon

Reaction score
i dont have those issues, just the dam back doors won't close flush

Reaction score
Outside of fitment issues does anyone seem to feel like the rear doors sound weird when closing? Like it's not as solid as the front? Could be just me.

Yes, my rear doors on my Laramie crew sound... loose? A lot of vibration when shutting? I don’t really know how to describe it. When I first got it, I’d open and reshut the door a couple times because it doesn’t sound like it shut all the way. I’ve thought about bringing it in to the dealer but I felt like I’d be being petty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc33

Reaction score
I tried it yesterday (5-19) and still no improvement. either i'm doing it wrong or there's not enough adjustment left to get it right
I had similar fitment issue with doors, I ended up adjusting all striker plates to get the doors looking better than they were. Once the torx bolts are loose I gave them a few taps with rubber mallet.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Yes, my rear doors on my Laramie crew sound... loose? A lot of vibration when shutting? I don’t really know how to describe it. When I first got it, I’d open and reshut the door a couple times because it doesn’t sound like it shut all the way. I’ve thought about bringing it in to the dealer but I felt like I’d be being petty.

I think we have the same issue. Just not like a solid close for sure. And when it rains hard after I open the door I can see a few drops of water that drop on the seat from coming through the top weatherstripping.

Reaction score
I think we have the same issue. Just not like a solid close for sure. And when it rains hard after I open the door I can see a few drops of water that drop on the seat from coming through the top weatherstripping.

Just got my truck back from the dealer. They said my doors are working as intended but they found a leak in the third brake light seal and they fixed that. I’d say it’s worth it to take it in. They kept mine for a day though.

lost demon

Reaction score
you can be as PETTY as you want, as much as you pay for a new vehicle it needs to be FIT n FINE.

lost demon

Reaction score
i called dealer and would you believe he completely forgot about it. Jeez. He set a date to go in body shop to get them adjusted. Im hoping the doors aren't warped or twisted. we'll see if they can get them flush. on anothr note they did an update on the back up camera recall and wala, SIRI quit working .

lawlavigne

Reaction score
you can be as PETTY as you want, as much as you pay for a new vehicle it needs to be FIT n FINE.
Well I haven't had my truck since Friday due to a windshield tinting issue so it's at the dealer now. I'll tell them to take a look at the doors while they at it

Users who are viewing this thread