5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Wash and Wax

RT70808

Reaction score
Followed the chemical guys chart:

C143251B-D346-4BAA-8B94-8B7880D32A05.jpeg

After a rinse, foam bath, mitt wash with an extension pole and a blow dry from my Milwaukee Battery leaf blower;

Step 1 - Meguiar’s clay kit (I was out of clay, used 1/2 bar, the entire Meguiar’s bottle of quick detailer, 1/2 bottle of Chemical Guys Clay Lube

Step 2 - Meguiar’s Polish / glaze (to get the deep wet look)

Step 3 - Chemical Guys Jet Seal (to lock in the glaze, they say it lasts for 12 months, also used it on headlights and taillights to prevent fading and hazing)

Step 4 - Chemical Guys Lava Wax (had it left over from doing my wife’s 370z)

Step 5 - Chemical Guys Speed Wipe (a quick mist and wipe down, also ensures wax cleanup from missed spots and excess on plastic trim, even wipe down the door jams with this stuff)

Step 6 - Sprayed the tires with “Cover All” from O’reilly , It didn’t remove the markings on the tires so this will have to be redone

Notes - On the Delmonico Red Pearl I found 3 or 4 “bumps” in the paint, no bigger than a pinhead in random spots nothing major but not a flawless factory paint job. My wife previous 370z had 1 of these, her current White Pearl has 0.

Well now the results, I’ll re-wax in 6 months and do it all over again next year.

0237B8DE-621C-452D-A07D-EC7967BF1D39.jpeg

F7514338-252B-42F8-BF2F-F584055038D3.jpeg

E35C7438-1A46-45D5-A204-7348FFDBCF48.jpeg

D480A5A5-E385-402D-8203-8C306CD58E1A.jpeg

E6099B54-2354-4C9C-8D78-148782CD1185.jpeg

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for that post, makes me want my truck even worse. Those pics really deserve some Barry White playing in the background. Aw ya...

Nice work! Simply stunning. Might I ask how long the whole process took you (assuming you had the tools equipment and space)?

Love it, so I guess my plan of scrubbing at the bird poo with the window washer sponge at the gas station, and hoping the rain does the rest, may need reworking.

RT70808

Reaction score
Thanks for that post, makes me want my truck even worse. Those pics really deserve some Barry White playing in the background. Aw ya...

Nice work! Simply stunning. Might I ask how long the whole process took you (assuming you had the tools equipment and space)?

Love it, so I guess my plan of scrubbing at the bird poo with the window washer sponge at the gas station, and hoping the rain does the rest, may need reworking.

Lol on the gas station wash job plan.

I did it all by hand no electric da buffer (someone borrowed mine and I haven’t gotten it back)
8-10 hours over two days, including a few breaks it’s 90+ degrees with high humidity here in Louisiana.

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
Just did a wax job on mine 2 paint flaws one dust spec and one ripple flaw, I did see some pant that looked horable on some black trucks in the lot, lots of dempeling. I grew up around hot rod and truck restoration,My truck paint is a 7 out of 10 if you are buying look very carefuly. Most people would never notice.

RT70808

Reaction score
Just did a wax job on mine 2 paint flaws one dust spec and one ripple flaw, I did see some pant that looked horable on some black trucks in the lot, lots of dempeling. I grew up around hot rod and truck restoration,My truck paint is a 7 out of 10 if you are buying look very carefuly. Most people would never notice.

I would rate mine a 9/10, unless you’re the one detailing it you’ll never know the dust specks are there. Next year this time the paint matched front bumper will be full of rock chips, going to add the chrome hood reflector in hopes it will keep the rock chips in the windshield to a minimum. I go through a windshield a year on the not so well kept interstate I drive daily.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
@RT70808 and @Cattail cruncher both your trucks look great! After I order mine I'll be telling the dealer not to touch it when it arrives, I'll do the first wash and clay, iron decontamination, polish and wax the paint right off the bat.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Followed the chemical guys chart:

View attachment 1458

After a rinse, foam bath, mitt wash with an extension pole and a blow dry from my Milwaukee Battery leaf blower;

Step 1 - Meguiar’s clay kit (I was out of clay, used 1/2 bar, the entire Meguiar’s bottle of quick detailer, 1/2 bottle of Chemical Guys Clay Lube

Step 2 - Meguiar’s Polish / glaze (to get the deep wet look)

Step 3 - Chemical Guys Jet Seal (to lock in the glaze, they say it lasts for 12 months, also used it on headlights and taillights to prevent fading and hazing)

Step 4 - Chemical Guys Lava Wax (had it left over from doing my wife’s 370z)

Step 5 - Chemical Guys Speed Wipe (a quick mist and wipe down, also ensures wax cleanup from missed spots and excess on plastic trim, even wipe down the door jams with this stuff)

Step 6 - Sprayed the tires with “Cover All” from O’reilly , It didn’t remove the markings on the tires so this will have to be redone

Notes - On the Delmonico Red Pearl I found 3 or 4 “bumps” in the paint, no bigger than a pinhead in random spots nothing major but not a flawless factory paint job. My wife previous 370z had 1 of these, her current White Pearl has 0.

Well now the results, I’ll re-wax in 6 months and do it all over again next year.

That truck looks great!! What options do you have? Can we get a pic of your yellow payload sticker inside the drivers door?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just washed and hand waxed my truck today also 90 degree heat it was rough

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ill post some more photos tomorrow. I dropped my truck off today for ceramic tint install and the weather tech floor mats

Users who are viewing this thread