5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First truck in decades...Ram won

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New member here.

I just ordered a fully optioned Limited CC 4x4 with Rambox 5'7", E-torque, Off Road Group w/3.92 axle.

This truck replaces my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel which has been the best, most capable vehicle I have ever owned. The air suspension and trail-rated 4x4 Quadra-drive is absolutely amazing combined with the torque of the Diesel motor. I routinely averaged 28 mpg per tank.

My company requires I purchase a new vehicle every 5 years and I'm up in December. I went to my local Jeep dealer wanting to order a new GC EcoDiesel only to discover the 2019 won't be available until mid year. I test drove a new Jeep Wrangler 4 door...was unrefined and slow. The salesman asked me to drive a 2wd Ram Laramie optioned nicely with 5 seats, sunroof. One trip around the block and I was sold.

I built a Laramie fully optioned and it was within a few hundred of a Limited so I ordered the Limited.

This will be my first real pickup. I still have my Excursion with 7.3 Powerstroke, 6" lift, 35's, tuned, 5" exhaust, ~500hp. The Ram will be my refined business vehicle. Should be awesome.

So now I wait. The Rambox, E-torque, and Off Road Group are probably going to extend the wait but I have until December.

I belong to JeepGarage.org and used MOTS to track my Grand Cherokee last time around. I ordered literally the first minute the order books opened in June 2013 and recieved my Jeep in mid November. It was one of the first built. I'm already signed up for MOTS tracking for the Ram.

I look forward to camping out with you guys and learning as I wait.

ryelinek

Reaction score
Nice man congrats! Made a great choice. Did you get to Test Drive a Limited at all? I truly enjoy getting in my truck every time I go for a ride and I’m sure you will as well with this. What color you go with?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great story. I ordered the same rig on 5/9 and am just before you on Jeepgarage. Hopefully you won't have as long of a wait to build.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Great story. I ordered the same rig on 5/9 and am just before you on Jeepgarage. Hopefully you won't have as long of a wait to build.

And ordered 3 days before you and just before you in MOTS, but I am still in D

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well it.looks like I'm in good company during the wait. My truck is Billet Silver. I only drove a 2wd Leramie with spring suspension. I loved the color and chromr grill on that truck. I tried building a Leramie with every option except towing and protection group and it came so close to the Limited 4x4 with ORG that it was a no brainier. Also, trade on a equally optioned lower trim package can be less due to perception.

The Limited has a dark honeycomb grill and a few interior differences that I'll get used to.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
New member here.

I just ordered a fully optioned Limited CC 4x4 with Rambox 5'7", E-torque, Off Road Group w/3.92 axle.

This truck replaces my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel which has been the best, most capable vehicle I have ever owned. The air suspension and trail-rated 4x4 Quadra-drive is absolutely amazing combined with the torque of the Diesel motor. I routinely averaged 28 mpg per tank.

My company requires I purchase a new vehicle every 5 years and I'm up in December. I went to my local Jeep dealer wanting to order a new GC EcoDiesel only to discover the 2019 won't be available until mid year. I test drove a new Jeep Wrangler 4 door...was unrefined and slow. The salesman asked me to drive a 2wd Ram Laramie optioned nicely with 5 seats, sunroof. One trip around the block and I was sold.

I built a Laramie fully optioned and it was within a few hundred of a Limited so I ordered the Limited.

This will be my first real pickup. I still have my Excursion with 7.3 Powerstroke, 6" lift, 35's, tuned, 5" exhaust, ~500hp. The Ram will be my refined business vehicle. Should be awesome.

So now I wait. The Rambox, E-torque, and Off Road Group are probably going to extend the wait but I have until December.

I belong to JeepGarage.org and used MOTS to track my Grand Cherokee last time around. I ordered literally the first minute the order books opened in June 2013 and recieved my Jeep in mid November. It was one of the first built. I'm already signed up for MOTS tracking for the Ram.

Welcome. Glad to hear you picked Ram. The site is full of good info and plenty of members are right on the front lines, so you need to know something, this will be the first place to have the answer

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
New member here.

Congrats!! My last 4 vehicles have been silver but I switch it up 3 weeks ago and purchased a Cystal Granite Metallic limited. It is a joy to drive everyday as I spend about 5 hrs a day in the truck. I haven’t even removed the leather seat tag about the full grain leather. Drove it 600 miles to the beach last week and got 20.5mpg running 75mph with the standard 5.7 hemi. Really love the adaptive cruise! Air suspension is pretty cool too.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome! Glad you are enjoying your new Ram. I've had black business vehicles since 2004. I've decided to try Silver and take a break from the constant effort to keep black clean. I still have a black Camaro SS and Excursion to wash. Lol.

Can't wait to get my new "office on wheels"!

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
Awesome! Glad you are enjoying your new Ram. I've had black business vehicles since 2004. I've decided to try Silver and take a break from the constant effort to keep black clean. I still have a black Camaro SS and Excursion to wash. Lol.

Can't wait to get my new "office on wheels"!

I call mine my mobile office also! That is why I always had silver and I am hopeing I won’t regret getting the darker color. My last was a silver 09 sierra sle 242k miles . I have always liked driving a truck because of the room and just don’t think I could drive a car everyday as much time I spend in it. Plus, I can throw all my sons sports gear(and mine) in the bed shut the cover and keep the cab clutter free! FYI... I put the undercover ultra flex bed cover on it and they fit & look great on the Ram.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I prefer the dark metallics but fell in love with a 2019 Laramie. That chrome grill and bumpers just looks right to me on silver. The Limited has the options I wanted so I moved up. I wish a Laramie grill would fit but the LED headlights change the grill shape. I'm sure I'll like the Limited when it arrives....someday. Ramboxes, ORG, 3.92, and E-torque seem to put me in the slow line for scheduling.

Users who are viewing this thread