5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Truck, First RAM

njech7

Reaction score
Have spent most of my time in the MSRP negotiating thread as I hunted down a deal. My first truck and I went from trying to get a used one and not spending so much money to hell with it, some good deals going on for new ones, and you need to be happy with this purchase!!

Laramie Crew Cab Short Box with Hemi V8. Maximum Steel with Sports Package, Level 2 Laramie Group, DP Sunroof, power running boards, rubber mats.

Picked up on 8/25, been a good couple of first days. Will primarily be a family/kid hauler and sports equipment hauler (own a lacrosse club).

Looking forward to learning more. Owned a lot of cars, we'll see how the truck treats me! Need to put a liner/bedrug in the box and cover it with a tonneau cover. Those are the immediate needs.

njech7

Reaction score
I evolved. I had some of my Chevy buddies pushing me that way. And if I think I had stayed used, I might gone that direction. There was a really nice used Silverado at a dealer 2 minutes from my house. Unfortunately (or fortunately) it was a big time smoker truck. That was a no go. Once I started to focus on a new truck, it was a no doubt about it going with Ram. Blows away the Chevy with the interior and the ride is so much nicer. No leaf springs here! :) Didn't consider Ford nor the imports.

Grnhrnt806

Reaction score
Mmt brother was a big time Ford guy. Him and I were always talking trash about which was better. He sold his Ford and wad shopping for a new truck. Test drove a new Ford and it was as though as his old one. He took a drive in the Ram and never looked back. They are far more comfortable and more luxurious interior. Good luck with your new toy.

Users who are viewing this thread