5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First trip to the dealer for possible warranty.

wirles

Reaction score
We have had a bunch of rain. I noticed what looked like a water drop on the front camera. I decided to wipe it off since I use it alot. This is what I found after wiping it off. Looks like it is on the inside...sigh

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181120-113701_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181120-113701_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 114

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We have had a bunch of rain. I noticed what looked like a water drop on the front camera. I decided to wipe it off since I use it alot. This is what I found after wiping it off. Looks like it is on the inside...sigh
front camera? like the parking sensors? back up camera? what are you talking about?

U

User_3336

its a backup camera it looks like. ACTUALLY, before I read, it looks like ice frozen over the capless fuel filler! LOL

wirles

Reaction score
Sorry, it is the front camera. We have had a lot of rain lately. I am thinking it has a bad seal and water either leaked in or it is condensation. Went by the dealer today so they could see the issue. I have an appointment for Friday to have them replace the camera.

wirles

Reaction score
A little update. The front camera finally came in. They thought it was the wrong part at first, but according to the dealership the camera has been redesigned. New brackets and all. So it seems Ram may have found a problem with the camera system.

**Update** Works great now, but it was not a redesigned part. They originally sent the wrong part.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread