5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Tow with 2021 Limited EcoDiesel

should_have

Reaction score
Anderson Bracket Set-Up Directions are not the best. As a railer posted earlier you probably could use more weight returned to your steer axle. Everyone's thread Count is different on how the brackets attached on their frame. Hopefully you remember the number of threads exposed. I use a tape measure, easier than counting threads for me. I would start with your initial thread count and add 1/8" more exposed thread. From there I would adjust 1/16" from there. I pulled over numerous times before I pretty much settled on the amount of threads exposed.

Some say you should return all of your steer weight which Andersen can, I have the scale tickets to prove. Additional I found it's difficult on my set-up to get the trailer level, plus finding a level Rd.

I have the 18" Tires and run mine all mine at 47lbd

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anderson Bracket Set-Up Directions are not the best. As a railer posted earlier you probably could use more weight returned to your steer axle. Everyone's thread Count is different on how the brackets attached on their frame. Hopefully you remember the number of threads exposed. I use a tape measure, easier than counting threads for me. I would start with your initial thread count and add 1/8" more exposed thread. From there I would adjust 1/16" from there. I pulled over numerous times before I pretty much settled on the amount of threads exposed.

Some say you should return all of your steer weight which Andersen can, I have the scale tickets to prove. Additional I found it's difficult on my set-up to get the trailer level, plus finding a level Rd.

I have the 18" Tires and run mine all mine at 47lbd
Thanks for the insight. I'm working on getting more weight to the front, but will need to go back to the scale to see if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/