5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time truck owner

exrec

Reaction score
Hey all, always wanted a truck so I found this amazing 2019 1500 Quad with low miles. What an amazing truck!! Truck 1.jpg
Would love some guidance on lifting/rims/wheels. I've ALWAYS wanted a lifted truck with some 35-37" tires. What exactly do I need to look out for in terms of anything to consider? What size lift? Rims suggestions?

J

Attachments

• Truck 2.jpg
    Truck 2.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 7

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome, and congrats!

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Welcome, nice truck! I have had four 5th gens (kinda nuts I know). Two of them I've had 6" lifts on, one I had a leveling kit with new control arms, and the other was a rebel.

Main things if you have never done it. With a 4" or 6" lift kit there is no going back. Your truck (frame) will be cut. With a leveling kit you can always swap to a different type leveling kit or go back stock.

Also a true lift kit is a significant amount of money. Then add in the cost of correct backspace wheels needed to run these kits with the new steering knuckles and the cost of tires (especially 37's). I love a 6" lift, this is my 3rd truck with a 6" lift, but it was about a 20 year evolution. Just be patient and do a ton of research.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats! I went from a Volkswagen Golf R to the crew + 6’4” bed 1500 Diesel. it’s about 8 times slower but priorities change. As a first time truck owner myself (grew up with them on the farm as a kid), leave your road rage at home, you have a big truck but it’s really easy to screw up and get a little too close to someone even if they deserve it. I keep my distance, let folks cut me off and drive defensively. I’ve learned to park at the back of the parking lot and check twice before turning out into traffic. I’m lucky though. No friends so I have not had to help anyone move :p

Users who are viewing this thread