5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Time Truck Owner

Avayel

Reaction score
Hey everyone! First time truck buyer here, seems like this forum is full of some good information and people, excited to learn more about this beast!

Long time Honda Accord owner but wanted something with more space and utility, spent months looks and test driving and researching and I ended up with this!

2021 Ram 1500 Rebel and loving it so far! Getting the windows tinted tomorrow, K&N cold air intake on Wednesday and more to come!

57D7DAE9-C3B5-4314-B423-177BE4331FBB.jpeg E1486565-C029-46C4-8E83-4BE1312BAB7B.jpeg

Awood05

Reaction score
Welcome and Congratulations!

Good looking ride.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks really nice, congratulations, best luck. Where along the "looks and test driving" did the Ram come along. It was instant attraction for me. Still had to figure what I was getting into, do the build and sales people. Glad it's behind me.
How was the "buying experience", seems you do your home work.

Avayel

Reaction score
Looks really nice, congratulations, best luck. Where along the "looks and test driving" did the Ram come along. It was instant attraction for me. Still had to figure what I was getting into, do the build and sales people. Glad it's behind me.
How was the "buying experience", seems you do your home work.
So I decided to go SUV/Truck over car a few months ago, my cousin has a 19 Silverado and I don’t like anything about it. I looked at Ram first because I loved the sporty look of the Rebel but wanted to see all trucks I could. Ford is very boring on taste IMO and looks outdated, Nissan and Toyota seemed nice but underpowered. Once I test drive the Ram I was in love haha

I work in the business (software for dealerships) for a well known company so the dealer I bought from didn’t even try the song and dance routine so the process was fast haha they were good to me, gave me a good price.

Jako

Reaction score
So I decided to go SUV/Truck over car a few months ago, my cousin has a 19 Silverado and I don’t like anything about it. I looked at Ram first because I loved the sporty look of the Rebel but wanted to see all trucks I could. Ford is very boring on taste IMO and looks outdated, Nissan and Toyota seemed nice but underpowered. Once I test drive the Ram I was in love haha

I work in the business (software for dealerships) for a well known company so the dealer I bought from didn’t even try the song and dance routine so the process was fast haha they were good to me, gave me a good price.
Jealous of your connection - 9 dealers for me. I started with Ford, didn't excite me and test drove it on one of the worst roads I knew, drove a little better than my 2001 Dodge 1500. I like the looks of the Tacoma but doesn't suit my 6' 1" frame and reduced size trucks = reduced comfort.

Avayel

Reaction score
Jealous of your connection - 9 dealers for me. I started with Ford, didn't excite me and test drove it on one of the worst roads I knew, drove a little better than my 2001 Dodge 1500. I like the looks of the Tacoma but doesn't suit my 6' 1" frame and reduced size trucks = reduced comfort.
I didn’t buy from the first dealer, I had to search and find the Rebel I wanted, found one out of state but it was the only one within 300 miles who had the trim and color I wanted.

Jako

Reaction score
I didn’t buy from the first dealer, I had to search and find the Rebel I wanted, found one out of state but it was the only one within 300 miles who had the trim and color I wanted.
Still jealous - you didn't have to "negotiate". Was that a dealer swap or a 300 mile ride?

HemiDude

Reaction score
Hey everyone! First time truck buyer here, seems like this forum is full of some good information and people, excited to learn more about this beast!

Long time Honda Accord owner but wanted something with more space and utility, spent months looks and test driving and researching and I ended up with this!

2021 Ram 1500 Rebel and loving it so far! Getting the windows tinted tomorrow, K&N cold air intake on Wednesday and more to come!

View attachment 78451 View attachment 78450
Good looking truck! Welcome

Avayel

Reaction score
Still jealous - you didn't have to "negotiate". Was that a dealer swap or a 300 mile ride?
I drove to the dealership, a lot of them here won’t do dealer trades right now since the new Rams are selling as soon as they hit the lot.

KY2021Laramie

Reaction score

View attachment 78451 View attachment 78450
Very nice truck! Love the interior. Welcome!!

Users who are viewing this thread