5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time Ram owner!

nolaram1500

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First time Ram owner here and so glad I switched! Love everything about this truck. Came here on the forums to get some help on a level/lift kit of about 2”. I’ve read plenty of threads on here and still can’t decide!

I had a 13’ F-150 2WD with the bilstein 5100s and it rode pretty rough and it made a clicking noise whenever I would go over big bumps. I had Mickey Thompson ATZs so it rode pretty stiff. Looking for something that’s not as stiff because the truck rides awesome!

I know this isn’t the place for this, but can you guys lead me in the right direction and show me what thread to read? I want to ideally go with the mopar 2” lift because of the warranties on the truck, but I’ve read on some of the threads that it still does have a rake, which I don’t like. I like the fact that the ride quality is the same or even better because of the fox shocks. I ideally want to just have the truck leveled with no big changes in ride quality. Plan on putting 34s or 35s. I looked into the Rough Country strut level kits, but I’ve read on some of the threads that some people don’t like them and it gives a stiffer ride. Sorry for posting this on here. Can y’all lead me in the right direction?

Thanks guys!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,

First time Ram owner here and so glad I switched! Love everything about this truck. Came here on the forums to get some help on a level/lift kit of about 2”. I’ve read plenty of threads on here and still can’t decide!

I had a 13’ F-150 2WD with the bilstein 5100s and it rode pretty rough and it made a clicking noise whenever I would go over big bumps. I had Mickey Thompson ATZs so it rode pretty stiff. Looking for something that’s not as stiff because the truck rides awesome!

I know this isn’t the place for this, but can you guys lead me in the right direction and show me what thread to read? I want to ideally go with the mopar 2” lift because of the warranties on the truck, but I’ve read on some of the threads that it still does have a rake, which I don’t like. I like the fact that the ride quality is the same or even better because of the fox shocks. I ideally want to just have the truck leveled with no big changes in ride quality. Plan on putting 34s or 35s. I looked into the Rough Country strut level kits, but I’ve read on some of the threads that some people don’t like them and it gives a stiffer ride. Sorry for posting this on here. Can y’all lead me in the right direction?

Thanks guys!
you just have to start reading threads that look interesting, that is what i did

put what you have in your signature so you will not have to tell us every time you have an issue

welcome

Users who are viewing this thread