5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time Ram owner - Haunted Truck

RetNavy

Reaction score
Took the truck to the dealer - they replaced the AVC module per 'Star Center' recommendation. I've driven the truck for 5 days since then - have 3400 total miles on it - no joy in Mudville - the noise is still there. Comes on within the same parameters as before. It seems to correspond with the 'ECO' light on the dash and I've read that post on here. Pushing the Tow/Haul button DOES cancel the noise. Will be taking it back to the dealer some time. Spending to much time at the dealership service department for a brand new truck.

RetNavy

Reaction score
Ok - since my last post on this issue Nov 1st I have put a lot of miles on the truck - all short town/work miles. No extended drives as yet. The noise described in previous post has apparently gone away!! Haven't heard it in quite a while. Over 4k miles on the truck so maybe it just needed a good break in period. Don't know -- don't care. Noise is gone. Still catch myself reaching up for the column gear shift lever though.

Users who are viewing this thread