5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time I am going to use my max care extended warranty

Merlin

Reaction score
I have an appointment next week to check my A/C system. It hasn't been blowing as cold as it used too. I have a 2019 Big Horn and I have 21000 miles on it. So my question is, the dealer lists a diagnostic fee, but I have the $100 deductible, what is normally the procedure? I dont want to get scammed for both if there isn't a problem, or they just have to top off the refrigerant. My mechanic looked at it and did a temperature check and it was blowing at 49 degrees on a 75 degree day, he said it should be around 29 degrees. He said it would be best to take it in since it is a sealed system and there must be a problem, the refrigerant doesnt just disappear.

Anyone have any experience with this? I know the ac system is covered but I don't think the refrigerant is. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don’t have extended warranty. But might be worth it to have them do the AC TSB while it’s in the shop

Merlin

Reaction score
After reading the thread on the tsb think I am just going to cancel the appointment. A couple degrees isn't worth the lost day of work. Mine was blowing at 49 degrees and according to the mechanic it should have been 29. It doesn't sound like it will go much below where it is at now.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have an appointment next week to check my A/C system. It hasn't been blowing as cold as it used too. I have a 2019 Big Horn and I have 21000 miles on it. So my question is, the dealer lists a diagnostic fee, but I have the $100 deductible, what is normally the procedure? I dont want to get scammed for both if there isn't a problem, or they just have to top off the refrigerant. My mechanic looked at it and did a temperature check and it was blowing at 49 degrees on a 75 degree day, he said it should be around 29 degrees. He said it would be best to take it in since it is a sealed system and there must be a problem, the refrigerant doesnt just disappear.

Anyone have any experience with this? I know the ac system is covered but I don't think the refrigerant is. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
Have you changed your cabin air filter? If not that can reduce A/C efficiency.

Unless the refrigerant was low from factory, there should be ee be a need to have it "topped off" unless there is a leak. If there is a leak, it needs fixed, not just topped off

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
After reading the thread on the tsb think I am just going to cancel the appointment. A couple degrees isn't worth the lost day of work. Mine was blowing at 49 degrees and according to the mechanic it should have been 29. It doesn't sound like it will go much below where it is at now.
I thought the same thing until I took a 5 hours road trip during the summer in 90+ degree weather. Had the TSB done shortly after. Made a world of difference.

E8031E18-2351-4C46-BB11-48DAA5930B30.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread