5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time here - question about 3.6 vs 5.7 on Limited

Firebird

Reaction score
I just dropped my truck off for some computer updates, and they gave me a loaner with the V6. Honestly, if all you did was putt around town, haul a few loads here and there, the truck drives just fine. It has plenty of power for city traffic, and maintains interstate speeds easily. However, it will drop down a couple of gears when encountering hills. I still would rather have the hemi, but if all you need is a city grocery toter, then the 6 drives quite well.

ryant601

Reaction score
To chime in, I bought the 3.6 because I used to daily a blown Mustang that averaged 8 mpg on E85 and 10.5 on 93 and I wanted something more practical and didn't feel like filling up almost daily like the Mustang. I'm happy it's doing weekend duty.

That said, I do regret going with the 3.6 vs the 5.7. Similar to others that have posted here, I'm getting combined 15.7mpg. Granted my commute is short, city and hilly, but that's not great.

If I were you, I'd step down from the Limited and get the 5.7. I'm lucky mine is a lease, but next time around I'm definitely getting the right motor.

Also, I don't whip this thing around, but on decent hills the tach is pretty high.

Users who are viewing this thread