5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time buyer

d_billzz

Reaction score
Hey there everyone!

I'm new to the truck world but not new to the forum world! Up to this point I have been driving an 09 Jeep Wrangler. I spent plenty of $$ and hours in the garage moding the family jeep with my father. Wrangler forums and youtube videos were more helpful than any instruction manual ever was. I'm hoping to find the same community and helpfulness out of 5th gen RAMs!

picstitch.jpg
(Old pic missing a bunch of mods but you all get the idea)

I am graduating from college in May and I decided it's time to return the family jeep to my parents and buy my own car. I love Jeeps but for the money I don't think there is a better value than a truck. I did the research and learned what options I wanted but still hadn't decided between GM, RAM, Ford. My father has always been a Chevy guy but after my first time sitting in a RAM I was hooked. I found a dealership close(ish) that had the exact truck I wanted at a deal I couldn't say no to!

RAM front.jpg RAM quarter.jpg

I bought the truck in march and haven't put many miles on it yet. It's sitting in a secure garage until I graduate and give the jeep back to my family.

Excited to learn and mod with all of you!!

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went from a modified 2012 Wrangler Unlimited to my 2019 Laramie. I was concerned that I would miss my Jeep and was going to keep it in addition to the RAM. However, after the first couple months of owning my RAM I decided that I enjoyed driving it (and the comfort) much more than my Jeep. While the Jeep was fun; the RAM is just a lot more pleasurable to drive every day. Plus, it does a lot better job of towing my boat. So the Jeep is gone, and thanks to great resale value, my bank account recovered from the RAM purchase. Welcome!

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are so many helpful people here i kind of feel like if it isn't posted here or answered by people here you will never get an answer anywhere. Congrats on the new Ram. Welcome to the family!

d_billzz

Reaction score
I went from a modified 2012 Wrangler Unlimited to my 2019 Laramie. I was concerned that I would miss my Jeep and was going to keep it in addition to the RAM. However, after the first couple months of owning my RAM I decided that I enjoyed driving it (and the comfort) much more than my Jeep. While the Jeep was fun; the RAM is just a lot more pleasurable to drive every day. Plus, it does a lot better job of towing my boat. So the Jeep is gone, and thanks to great resale value, my bank account recovered from the RAM purchase. Welcome!
Just driving the truck from the dealership to the garage it was more comfortable, better ride quality, and quieter. I love that Jeep and no car or truck compares in the mods department but as far as a daily driver I'm excited for the switch. Taking a lifted/modded Jeep on long road trips is the opposite of comfort. The RAM was like floating on a cloud in comparison.

The Jeep is headed to a better place as well. Having it in northern MN was not easy on it (-40 cold starts aren't ideal)! It's headed down to Alabama where it will sit in the barn without doors and a top and used as a crawler/mudder for the rest of its drive-able life.

Users who are viewing this thread