5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Tank Impressions - General musings

Helmetface

Reaction score
So, my first tank is out of the way!

I've probably got a record amount of posts and reading on this forum for someone who has very little seat time in this generation of Ram. But I'm a researcher and enjoy the process thoroughly.

Honestly, I'm enjoying the crap out of it. I'm skeptical on a few items, as I'll detail in the future, but my thinking is that I'm going to spend a lot of hours behind this Beast.

I promise, I'll create a signature someday, but the highlights are: Big Horn, Crew Cab, 6'4", 3.92's and non-air.

Hand calculated, I got 14.3 mpg on the 3.92's, with a fairly even mix of highway and city. And I didn't go all that easy ;)As seen above, the computer is reading a full mpg above my maths. We'll see how that progresses.

I'm coming from a 2015 Chevy 2500 WT. So a massive upgrade by way of comfort and to some, styling. But that truck just worked. It had 85k on it when sold and not a single issue to date. I towed 10k+ for at least 60k of those miles. I've also got a 2015 1 ton High Country with 120k on it for work. Another towing rig. Again, not a single issue. But for a High Country, it isn't half as nice as my Big Horn. Truthfully.

Big ticket purchases are a huge reflection of myself. I bust my a$$ for my money and like to typically spend it wisely. I know that some of the earlier build dates seem to be riddled with issues, but this is a June build (designed by yours truly) and I'm hoping that I avoid many of which you all have pioneered.

Anyhow. I like it. Enjoy the pictures. They were taken after a long awaited first wash.

Mods to come sooner than later:
-Custom Catch Can
-Full Plasti Dip Exterioe ( :) )
-Lift
-18x35's
-Bed Cap
-moar?

Attachments

• Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0111.jpg
    DSC_0111.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_0105.jpg
    DSC_0105.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 24

dacm99

Reaction score
Currently on my first tank as I just took the truck home last night around 11 pm. Add in the hour plus I spent sipping coffee and setting up my infotainment this morning I’d guess I’m in the whole.

Users who are viewing this thread