5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First real tow/haul with ICON stage 2/CORE 4X4/Hellwig sway bar

Rplante3108

Reaction score
Hey guys, I finally got a chance to get to haul my 25 foot camper this weekend and wanted to give some feedback on the feel of the truck while driving. It was about 75 miles each way with highway and back roads usage.

My current setup is
-35x12.5/22 Terra Grapplers G2.
-stock wheels
-2 inch wheel spacers all around
-stage 2 ICON suspension
-Core 4x4 T4 upper and lower control arms(overkill for sure)
-Core 4x4 T3 track bar
-Core 4x4 rear sway bar links.
-hellwig sway bar - middle hole set currently.

I'm not 100% on the tongue weight, but the camper total weight is around 4500 with everything in it. I can easily pass people with no issue. I know majority of the sway comes from the type of hitch is used. Yes, I have sway bars. There is some sway getting up to 80mph, but handled smoothed and planted to the road.

With the ICON front coilovers, I don't have it set all the way up on the height yet. I am waiting to get front control arms to handle the additional lift. I will say, it is A LOT better over how stock handles for sure. You don't get the tug/pull sensation from the bed of the truck. Its definitely smoother ride. My wife even said something to me about it and she is the last one to say something.

I recommend this product to anyone who is asking about the ICON setup(disclaimer. I am not sponsored by them or anyone else) just saying. This system along with Core 4x4 is, in my opinion ,A+. Granite, there is a little sway from time to time, but I really enjoyed this trip and glad I went with what I did.

The picture on the left is from a year ago stock and the picture is from earlier in the week before I got the camper washed

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1589408402036.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1589408402036.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 184

Ramtrx

Reaction score
Hey guys, I finally got a chance to get to haul my 25 foot camper this weekend and wanted to give some feedback on the feel of the truck while driving. It was about 75 miles each way with highway and back roads usage.

My current setup is
-35x12.5/22 Terra Grapplers G2.
-stock wheels
-2 inch wheel spacers all around
-stage 2 ICON suspension
-Core 4x4 T4 upper and lower control arms(overkill for sure)
-Core 4x4 T3 track bar
-Core 4x4 rear sway bar links.
-hellwig sway bar - middle hole set currently.

I'm not 100% on the tongue weight, but the camper total weight is around 4500 with everything in it. I can easily pass people with no issue. I know majority of the sway comes from the type of hitch is used. Yes, I have sway bars. There is some sway getting up to 80mph, but handled smoothed and planted to the road.

With the ICON front coilovers, I don't have it set all the way up on the height yet. I am waiting to get front control arms to handle the additional lift. I will say, it is A LOT better over how stock handles for sure. You don't get the tug/pull sensation from the bed of the truck. Its definitely smoother ride. My wife even said something to me about it and she is the last one to say something.

I recommend this product to anyone who is asking about the ICON setup(disclaimer. I am not sponsored by them or anyone else) just saying. This system along with Core 4x4 is, in my opinion ,A+. Granite, there is a little sway from time to time, but I really enjoyed this trip and glad I went with what I did.

The picture on the left is from a year ago stock and the picture is from earlier in the week before I got the camper washed
How did you install the end links for the sway bar? The bolts provided were too large and there is a welded nut now.

Rplante3108

Reaction score
How did you install the end links for the sway bar? The bolts provided were too large and there is a welded nut now.

Right!?!? I said the same thing and was kind of upset. I ended using the factory bolt. Its not as long but it goes through enough to be secured and haven't had any issues with it. I have checked it every so often and they haven't moved.

Ramtrx

Reaction score
Right!?!? I said the same thing and was kind of upset. I ended using the factory bolt. Its not as long but it goes through enough to be secured and haven't had any issues with it. I have checked it every so often and they haven't moved.
I talked to core. Very helpful. They will send you a sleeve and smaller bolt if you ask. Also he said guys just drill out the nut. That’s what I did. I bored the factory nut with a few drill bits and used bolts they sent from core to install them.

Users who are viewing this thread