5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Ram!

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
That’s a beautiful truck. Congratulations and welcome!

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice truck.
Maybe post up your selling dealer and prices, since a lot of guys are “on the fence“ now about buying or waiting till July or such. Maybe you can explain why you chose to buy now, and what kind of deal you felt you got...
Thanks, and enjoy your ride!

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Ram.

MonsterTaco

Reaction score
Welcome, any thoughts as to which tonneau cover ?
Funny you should ask - that's part of the reason I joined yesterday. Just starting to research them, but I'm pretty sure I want a hard one, so probably one of the tri-folds. Too many choices though! Bakflip, Peragon, Lomax, Truxedo, Undercover... It might take more effort to pick that than it did my truck! :)

MonsterTaco

Reaction score
Nice truck.
Maybe post up your selling dealer and prices, since a lot of guys are “on the fence“ now about buying or waiting till July or such. Maybe you can explain why you chose to buy now, and what kind of deal you felt you got...
Thanks, and enjoy your ride!
Thank you. I will do that. Is there an appropriate forum to post that in?

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome and Nice choice. ! ! :cool:

I have been very pleased with my Retrax Pro MX if you have the budget for it.

MonsterTaco

Reaction score
Welcome and Nice choice. ! ! :cool:

I have been very pleased with my Retrax Pro MX if you have the budget for it.

Thank you. I'll definitely consider that one as well.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Funny you should ask - that's part of the reason I joined yesterday. Just starting to research them, but I'm pretty sure I want a hard one, so probably one of the tri-folds. Too many choices though! Bakflip, Peragon, Lomax, Truxedo, Undercover... It might take more effort to pick that than it did my truck! :)
You might wanna add Diamondback to your search, I love mine.

MonsterTaco

Reaction score
My decision to purchase now was based on the fact that I was driving a 12 year old Nissan Pathfinder with 209,000 miles on it. My wife doesn't drive (medical reasons), so this is our only "real" vehicle. (We also have an 84 Jeep CJ-7, but that's just for summer time fun.) The Pathfinder has been good to me, but it's to the point where I don't know how much I can trust it and I'm not willing to put much more into repairing it when something goes wrong. We had planned to buy something this spring/summer - I was not going to trust the Nissan through another Minnesota winter. With the production shutdown and the uncertain near-term future (further outbreaks? more shutdowns?), I didn't want to wait until the Nissan completely died, forcing me to buy something when inventory may be limited and I'd have to settle for something I wasn't completely happy with. This one had everything I wanted, in the color I wanted and had the rebates, so I pulled the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread