5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First RAM - and it's not terrible

omegafiler

Reaction score
I recently, and somewhat unexpectedly, ended up picking up this loaded '22 RAM 1500 Limited from the dealer lot after the F-150 I ordered forever ago was delayed many times. It was a bit under MSRP, but still far from the deals available a few years ago. Unfortunately, I needed a truck for a 2500-mile road trip and the EV wasn't going to cut it. Despite being down on power with this somewhat dated 5.7l powertrain, it handled everything surprisingly well. Passing power was sufficient (top speed limit sucks), air suspension was great, handling is quite good, and zero issues. That suspension was really put to the test in the rocky mountains, where it handled everything like it thought it was a (very heavy) sports car.

Still not sure if I'll eventually jump back to a Ford at some point, or perhaps trade it out in a few years when the refreshed RAM and much more powerful twin-turbo V6 is released. But for now, it's been getting the job done, and I kind of like it.

Attachments

• IMG_0555.jpg
    IMG_0555.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 44

Awood05

Reaction score
Welcome! Born and bred Ford guy here. In my opinion RAM has the best 1/2 ton pickup on the market today.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome!

I'm really a Ford guy as well, but love my RAM. Had it for 3 years now, and I honestly have no need to change trucks at the moment, which is unusual for me, I usually get bored and buy something different every 3-4 years, but not this time.

I think I'm going to hold out until the next gen comes out 4 or so years from now, it maybe an EV by then.

ben b

Reaction score
No doubt that Ford makes an excellent F150. But after owning my Longhorn for 1 year, I am very happy I made the decision to go Ram.

Welcome to the forum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/