5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First post on this site

azaustin

Reaction score
A member on the HD Ram site informed me I was in the wrong place after I posted something about warranties and aftermarket parts. My bad. I apologized and moved over here as here suggested.

About a week ago I purchased a 2022 Ram 1500, 5.7 Etorque Laramie 4x4 from my local dealer. It was used, but had a little over 1100 miles on it. So far so good. It has far more amenities than the 2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel I traded in on it. I’m hoping that it will be a better tow vehicle than the Jeep, which I really liked, but didn’t meet my towing needs with a 22 foot travel trailer. Also, my partner has had several back surgeries in the last two years, so most of our off-reading is over. She really liked the Jeep too, but is quickly acclimating to all the comfort-giving accessories, plus we have a lot more room inside and in the bed.

I’ve long been a fan of Dodge trucks, but, with the exception of one I bought to fix up and sell thirty years ago, this is my first. Any tips or advice from veteran Ram owners will be greatly appreciated. If there are any guys who are active on the forabodiesonly forum, I‘d be glad to hear from you. I have two Mopars I am restoring, both ‘65 Dart GT’s, a coupe and a convertible. IMG_8828.jpeg

azaustin

Reaction score
Thanks. Just replied to an old post about adding the Off-Road Pages to my truck. Don’t know if it is possible. I’d also like to add limited-slip, but my dealer told me it would void my warranty even if I purchased the optional Mopar unit and had them install it. This makes no sense to me. If anyone has done this, I’d like to know how.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a good looking truck. I don't normally care for chrome, but it works with silver.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Thanks. Just replied to an old post about adding the Off-Road Pages to my truck. Don’t know if it is possible. I’d also like to add limited-slip, but my dealer told me it would void my warranty even if I purchased the optional Mopar unit and had them install it. This makes no sense to me. If anyone has done this, I’d like to know how.
I had a neighbor who added limited-slip by the dealer a few months after he bought the truck new. There was no warranty questioned, warranty stayed intact. I would challenge your dealer's comment via Chrysler Warranty or Ram Cares.

Users who are viewing this thread