5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Post, looking at a 2019

fastarget

Reaction score
Greetings, first post, it has been since 99 we have owned a Dodge/Ram truck, that one was a flawless cummins powered dually.
Been looking at a 2019 limited , so..........."I am back."

fastarget

Reaction score
good point, waiting on the dealer, but I also need to quit reading the reliability oriented negative posts as well.......eeeeeks

billyraff

Reaction score
good point, waiting on the dealer, but I also need to quit reading the reliability oriented negative posts as well.......eeeeeks

I've got 700 miles on my laramie, haven't had any issues, knock on wood. Love it so far!

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has been trouble free so far (1600 + miles), but I don't have all of the fancy stuff.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has been trouble free so far (1600 + miles), but I don't have all of the fancy stuff.
Also, keep in mind that mostly people are nitpicking about minor nuisances and not major issues. Very few posts are actually reliability issues. My truck is very solid, drives absolutely beautifully. Couple of fit and finish issues, sure. Do a very thorough walk around before you accept delivery and you'll be fine. I'm sure you are going to love it! They are very nice. If you're still a little squeamish, just wait til next year.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3600 miles and only small things. I was a mid-Sept build so I think that contributed a lot to mine being solid. Not a single FW flash yet and everything works as intended except my "-" button on the trailer brake sticks. I can pop it back out with the corner of a credit card and haven't had to tow yet so I'm in no rush to get it taken care of.
Still the best truck on the market, hands down. If you're buying a truck I'd recommend the Ram.

fastarget

Reaction score
3600 miles and only small things. I was a mid-Sept build so I think that contributed a lot to mine being solid. Not a single FW flash yet and everything works as intended except my "-" button on the trailer brake sticks. I can pop it back out with the corner of a credit card and haven't had to tow yet so I'm in no rush to get it taken care of.
Still the best truck on the market, hands down. If you're buying a truck I'd recommend the Ram.

good honest input, thank you all, that feels a little better.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
7500 miles and lovin it. I’m sure you have but be sure to read on the Ford and GM forums about the problems with those brands as well. Good luck!

Last edited:

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Just turned 4500 miles, small issues nothing major. Love the truck nothing out there compares to the technology and luxury appointments offered here, did I mention the ride, Fantastic ! No regrets.

Old Ray

Reaction score
I have owned many pickups over a lot of years and this is the best one I have ever had, ........I love driving it.
BUT (always a but) look out for the trailer tow debacle especially on the Limited (very bad) and the block heater cord annoyance.

fastarget

Reaction score
I have owned many pickups over a lot of years and this is the best one I have ever had, ........I love driving it.
BUT (always a but) look out for the trailer tow debacle especially on the Limited (very bad) and the block heater cord annoyance.

One issue i have yet to hear or read about, in our case only fishing boats to tow will need to link or look up

fastarget

Reaction score
Ok, the tow mirrors and surround view? Yes, initially looked at a truck with such, but the wife reminded me the longer mirrors make it too wide to go into a single garage, she likes the double for her vehicle LOL

Users who are viewing this thread