5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Paint Scratch - Cried a little Tear

Maxx102

Reaction score
Well it was inevitable but my 2021 truck received her first scratch due to someone's negligence. My GF was using a powered hedge trimmer and swinging left and right and was a little too enthusiastic and scratched the passenger side of the bed. So after loading up the trailer all of the debris to take to the compost the next morning, I took a few minutes and pulled out the touchup paint I bought from my dealer. Wasn't happy about this and I knew it was a scratch and not just a mark since I could feel it on my thumb. So I followed the instructions and filled in the scratch. About an hour later I came out and put a little of the clear coat on it. It helped and for the most part if you walked by no one would notice the scratch....BUT I DO 😭. Oh well....I guest it could have been worse.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
How close was the truck parked to the hedges if she could hit it with the trimmer?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well it was inevitable but my 2021 truck received her first scratch due to someone's negligence. My GF was using a powered hedge trimmer and swinging left and right and was a little too enthusiastic and scratched the passenger side of the bed. So after loading up the trailer all of the debris to take to the compost the next morning, I took a few minutes and pulled out the touchup paint I bought from my dealer. Wasn't happy about this and I knew it was a scratch and not just a mark since I could feel it on my thumb. So I followed the instructions and filled in the scratch. About an hour later I came out and put a little of the clear coat on it. It helped and for the most part if you walked by no one would notice the scratch....BUT I DO 😭. Oh well....I guest it could have been worse.
Did you…did you just go online, in front of the whole world, and blame your girlfriend for scratching your truck?
I know what you’re NOT doing tonight. Make sure to bring a blanket to the couch.

Maxx102

Reaction score
Did you…did you just go online, in front of the whole world, and blame your girlfriend for scratching your truck?
I know what you’re NOT doing tonight. Make sure to bring a blanket to the couch.
hehehe - she doesn't follow this website....so I think I am safe .... :oops:

cervelo15

Reaction score
I feel for you and share the same sentiment....I don't care if God put a scratch on my truck, it's always never the same. Some say its a rite of passage for vehicles, but if you're like me, its a tragedy. That's why I won't let anyone near it.

I had this happen when I first lived with my wife in a townhouse community. The driveways were really close together and after a dusting of snow, my black Silverado was parked in our driveway. The neighbor started sweeping the snow off his driveway, and in doing that, the metal broomstick handle found its way to contact the driver side of the bed. He knew what he did, because I saw him stop, look at the broom and then the side of my truck and then he kept on sweeping. Took every part of my being to not clock the guy.

You'll meet people at every part of the spectrum, those who baby their vehicles and those who will never understand the essence of keeping a pristine vehicle (which is where my wife resides).

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Unless she's the one who parked your truck that close, I'd argue that it was your negligence not hers. I never trust anyone enough to park close to a work area if any kind of tools are involved, not even myself. :ROFLMAO:

Maxx102

Reaction score
Unless she's the one who parked your truck that close, I'd argue that it was your negligence not hers. I never trust anyone enough to park close to a work area if any kind of tools are involved, not even myself. :ROFLMAO:
You do have a point....If I had only moved up about three feet further....she would have probably scratched aluminum utility trailer....no paint to scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/